Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Robin Hood Lightweight
krlthms

posted on 26/1/05 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Gek,
See your opthalmologist; was the pun intended?
As for the BRG, I stand corrected, however, as I understand it, the discussion of what is and what isn't BRG can get esoteric.
Now ? for you. The cars in the pic are S3?; are they factory assembled?
KT

krlthms

posted on 26/1/05 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
The South African built Super performance costs 20 something k US$ as a rolling chassis; so the PRB price is competitive. How much for the Composite PRB though?
KT

krlthms

posted on 26/1/05 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, blue is popular

Would that be Scottish racing blue per chance?

Jago Swizz

posted on 22/8/05 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Having seen the Lightweight at Harrogate last weekend I would say that the concerns over how the wishbones mount havent been resolved - still U section ally.
Not good really.

Jon Bradbury

posted on 23/8/05 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
The MGB was one of the most reliable vehicles of its time the number that have survived in dailly use is a witness to that.

I believe that is due to their early recognition as "classic" cars more than any inherent strengths. People used to spend lots of money (and still do) keeping them in good shape. Now, if the same viewpoint were to be applied to, say, the Austin Allegro, how many of those would we be seeing on the roads today?

IMHO, of course, and sorry for off topic posting.

Going back to the Lightweight, there's a RHOCaR club member near me who has ordered one of these kits (I'm the club area secretary BTW) and naturally we're all dying to visit the poor bloke to drink his tea and have a good nose at the chassis. I'm sure the rest of the kit will be the same old shite, but at least you can get it through SVA and on the road and then improve it incrementally, if you feel the need. And it's still pretty cheap for a comprehensive (or nearly comprehensive) kit.

scotmac

posted on 24/11/05 at 02:28 AM Reply With Quote
BTW, they refuse to export those monocoque PRBs (says so on their site). Also, since that monocoque chassis is fully assembled from the factory, it is much less exportable than the RH L/W. Though the same relationship undoubtedly holds for build effort between the l/w and prb!!! ;-)
britishtrident

posted on 24/11/05 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Bradbury
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
The MGB was one of the most reliable vehicles of its time the number that have survived in dailly use is a witness to that.

I believe that is due to their early recognition as "classic" cars more than any inherent strengths. People used to spend lots of money (and still do) keeping them in good shape. Now, if the same viewpoint were to be applied to, say, the Austin Allegro, how many of those would we be seeing on the roads today?

IMHO, of course, and sorry for off topic posting.

snip ---- snip

Obviously you have never owned one MGBs were/are totally unburstable and very reliable, I have owned driven or worked on most of british sports cars of the 60s and 70s --- TRs, Stags, Alpines, Elans, E type, even a Tiger but the B was burst proof and very cheap to maintain.

[Edited on 24/11/05 by britishtrident]

02GF74

posted on 30/11/05 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jago Swizz
Having seen the Lightweight at Harrogate last weekend I would say that the concerns over how the wishbones mount havent been resolved - still U section ally.
Not good really.

If you send off to RH for a brochure, they show the lightweight chasis. One thing that struck me was that the wishbone brackets look like they are made from box section aluminium - surely the bolt holes will elongate in no time??

They say it is WWII bomber plane technology

James

posted on 1/12/05 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Holy crap man!

That landy picture is bigger than a real one!

Shrink it by about 90% will you mate!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

britishtrident

posted on 4/12/05 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by Jago Swizz
Not good really.

If you send off to RH for a brochure, they show the lightweight chasis. One thing that struck me was that the wishbone brackets look like they are made from box section aluminium - surely the bolt holes will elongate in no time??

They say it is WWII bomber plane technology

Lightweight "Airportable" 1/4 Ton ????

barrie sharp

posted on 6/12/05 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
I ve just picked a lightweight kit up from Robinhood and a group of students and me are going to build it
I will let you know how it goes if anyone is interested.
just got to get the dvd player to work in our garage to watch the instructions!!
Barrie

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.