Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Redundancy ?
gazza285

posted on 6/2/05 at 12:35 AM Reply With Quote
Jarvis actually, and what a bunch of lying, cheating set of compulsive masturbaters they are. Auf Weidersein Pet? Very true to life, but that was 20 years ago. We did start it, but it was the other way round, we brough the Kraut over here to rebuild after WW2, hence the term "Jerry built", unfortunately a term for shite work now.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 6/2/05 at 12:56 AM Reply With Quote
Have you ever seen foreign plastering?

Most places don't even bother. I can do it but have never had a job doing it, it's bloody hard work and I'm too old. I was doing some for the brother in law a while back and the flooring man there said the last job they were on, finishing plasterers were getting £20+ per hour.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

gazza285

posted on 6/2/05 at 01:45 AM Reply With Quote
I was working for a subcontractor for too many years at around £7 to £10 an hour, but my boss was charging the main contractor between £15 to £25 an hour for my services. I thought about this for a bit, then me and a few like minded mates went in direct and took all the work away from our boss, why should he get rich off our work? I (and the rest of my mates) are now earning loads and the ex-middle man gets none of the money I earn. Just takes a bit of balls to do, and a bit of money up front as most contracting firm work on 90 days payment.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Volvorsport

posted on 6/2/05 at 02:15 AM Reply With Quote
how much do you want an hour ?

bearing in mind i cant pay much , ive got a few roofing contracts (dead easy for you joiners) , the other times ill be teaching you GRP laminating etc , and how to REALLY build kit cars .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

Lawnmower

posted on 6/2/05 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gazza285
I was working for a subcontractor for too many years at around £7 to £10 an hour, but my boss was charging the main contractor between £15 to £25 an hour for my services.

Sounds about right, except my boss charges £40ph for my work/£400 a day, and doesn't pay me overtime (although will still charge the clients for overtime done)

Also reimburses my company mileage at 7.5p per mile (was 8p but the spen around half our recalulating it, bastards).
Thing is they charge the clients at 55p per mile!

Wish could go self employed but horrendous start up costs!

subk2002

posted on 6/2/05 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Another thing is im waiting on an operation on my knee due about april.So i will be out the game for about 3 months.
Volvorsport

posted on 7/2/05 at 12:53 AM Reply With Quote
haha , sorry wasnt trying to be sarcastic , it was a genuine offer at the time , ive now sobered up , but ill be looking for a hobo to shout at , later in the year .

Of course things might change !!

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 7/2/05 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by subk2002
Another thing is im waiting on an operation on my knee due about april.So i will be out the game for about 3 months.

My buddy down the road had a knee op and he built a kit house after when he was off on the sick. He had a fancy splint and some young laddies to do the lifting. Was a sight to see!
The council always have spaces and it cusshy work.
You will get something. Its not like you will starve....try moving from africa nice job house cars ect to catching a bus and living with your inlaws working in Macds flipping burgers cause you cant get work..... started subcontracting and life got better. Work flew in and we could not take holidays. It led to the job now which is great.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.