Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: my engine mounts, comments please
ned

posted on 18/5/05 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
James,
I did consider putting the tubes outside the bolts, but then i'd have real issues getting the bolts into the holes and doing them up!!

the horizontalness is as NS Dev says the height of the engine mounts on the block (different on each side of the engine) and the height that the engine has to sit in the chassis to get clearance for the bonnet..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
garage19

posted on 18/5/05 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Try Landrover V8 mounts. About 3 quid each and very strong.

Look about the same size as the fiesta ones if not smaller and 36mm thick.

James

posted on 20/5/05 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
James,
I did consider putting the tubes outside the bolts, but then i'd have real issues getting the bolts into the holes and doing them up!!

Yeah, guess so. The tube could always be to the side (front or back) of the bolt hole. Wouldn't make any difference structurally I'd have thought. If you use socket caps the tube could still be pretty close to the bolt.

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

ned

posted on 20/5/05 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
i do plan on using socket caps, but didnt have any to hand when cutting the angled ends of the tubes, so i may have been a bit generous with the gaps

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
skippad

posted on 21/5/05 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
I did mine like this
They were cut down Nissan tie bars(i think) Hard rubber very little movement and light!
Bugger pic didnt load up!
Ill try again

[Edited on 21/5/05 by skippad]

skippad

posted on 21/5/05 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Try this
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.