Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Regular East Anglia meets?
David Jenkins

posted on 13/9/05 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
OK - well I made it, and Ferg and his son Tom... this petrol business is REALLY starting to annoy me!

Never mind - it wasn't a total waste of time, as we had an opportunity to spy out the pub. It's a fine, classic scruffy country pub with a decent sized car park. If we choose the right day for the next one we may even have something extra to look at apart from each other!

Tonight (2nd Tuesday of each month) it was a Triumph bike owners' evening, which was entertaining. Apparently on the 1st Wednesday of each month the local hot-rod club meets...

Anyway, shame people couldn't make it, but maybe next time...

David

P.S. Chris - nothing to report for the Locost Club Newsletter

P.P.S. Every petrol station I passed on the way home at 08:30 was open and very few cars on the forecourts.

Mike McKinstry

posted on 13/9/05 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
It wasnt you passed me in saab with locost on back was it(or did you have dutton at track).
Also noticed yello mini on car trailer (on back of A4 Avant)sitting in petrol queue heading out of norwich presumably to give you some competition?!

David need another meet soon as tax runs out end of sept!

In N.Ireland next few days-speak when back
Cheers Mike

STILL considering swapping Pinto for 1.4 K-series for performance and taxation benefits .

Mike McKinstry

posted on 13/9/05 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry David,you pipped me to the "post"-above was for Jonno,Regards Mike

STILL considering swapping Pinto for 1.4 K-series for performance and taxation benefits .

jonno

posted on 13/9/05 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Dutton was on track ,but the mini & locost (towed by a 900 turbo convertable ?)were there as well as quite a few different beasts
Ferg

posted on 14/9/05 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, much as David said. I risked a gallon or so of the precious inflammable liquid to check out the Black Horse and was delighted by (in no particular order) the company, the pub ambience, the pub music and the pub car park.
I quite fancy the Hot Rod meet!!

We even had some cabaret laid on as a death-defying scooter kid went past a Discovery right outside the pub on the inside, that's right, between the Land Rover and the path!!!

Oh and there was a gorgeous yellow Locost there!!!

Danozeman

posted on 14/9/05 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
My appologies. Couldnt make it in the end. I will definatley attend the next one. I want to meet you chaps.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

piddy

posted on 15/9/05 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.
I presently run the East Anglia Branch of RHOCAR (Robin Hood owners).
As you may or may not know robin Hood owners club caters for any type of kit car not just hoods.
I now own a Luego as doe's another member. We have a locost and Cobra in the local club.
The branch organises activities for local members, as well as, providing a wealth of knowledge and advice to new builders. We as an Area attend seven area meeting each year at the Park Hotel in Diss, Norfolk, five National kit car shows (Stafford, Detling, Stoneleigh, Newark & Donington) . We also attend several local events.
I would like to welcome any of you that would like to attend.
The area meetings will be at the Park Hotel, Diss, Norfolk at 11.15am on the Second Sunday of each month from April through to October inclusive. If you’re not sure of the hotels location I can send you a map. Don’t be put off by the term meeting, we get together for a very informal gathering before and after there is plenty of time to study the cars present. We often take a run out to other locations after the meetings so those of you that haven’t completed your project can also take a ride as a passenger in another member’s car.

jonno

posted on 15/9/05 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Well its about 1hr away from me i think, so i could make it. Can you put a post on here or rhocar nearer the time as a reminder, cheers Jonno

Got a diskgolf comp on the 09 Oct so cannot make that one

[Edited on 18/9/05 by jonno]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.