Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Who wants to go on a rally to MONGOLIA
greggors84

posted on 18/5/06 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Looks wicked mate!

Good to see your going in the Scamp!

I keep on getting the emails from the rally people and wish i was going, but i have too much on this summer.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Mezzz

posted on 18/5/06 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Any one wants a co driver U2U me
irvined

posted on 19/5/06 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
This looks like my kinda thing.

http://irvined.blogspot.com

irvined

posted on 19/5/06 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
I've spent most of the morning avoiding work trying to decide if i could take my seven next year. 998CC Crossflow would be an easy engine choice, a big fuel tank, huge hammer, and some zip ties.

I've been toying with the idea of taking my car to india for a trip, could be a nice pre-curser.

Anybody else tempted?

cheers

David

James

posted on 19/5/06 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvined

I've been toying with the idea of taking my car to india for a trip, could be a nice pre-curser.

Anybody else tempted?

cheers

David

I'm considering a longish tour of Europe this summer... depending what happens with my job.

What I'm concerned about is leaving it anywhere particularly overnight. I mean, if you're camping that's cool as it's probably next to your tent. But if you're in a hotel/B&B the car might be some distance away.

Even Western Europe is a bit risky... 18mths in The Hague (in the early 90's) our car window was smashed and stereo taken 2/3 times. In France we've been robbed aswell. Soon as you start heading east things are gonna get even more dodgy!

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

irvined

posted on 19/5/06 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James

Even Western Europe is a bit risky... 18mths in The Hague (in the early 90's) our car window was smashed and stereo taken 2/3 times. In France we've been robbed aswell. Soon as you start heading east things are gonna get even more dodgy!

James

Heh, there is something about the dutch if its not bolted down its stolen, yet its a remarkably safe country.

Fortunatly touch wood my cars have been left alone, but my french housemate is constantly replacing his windows, the most expensive thing he's had stolen yet was a couple of copied CD's.

Personally I think its because his car has french plates

James

posted on 19/5/06 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvined

James

Heh, there is something about the dutch if its not bolted down its stolen, yet its a remarkably safe country.

Fortunatly touch wood my cars have been left alone, but my french housemate is constantly replacing his windows, the most expensive thing he's had stolen yet was a couple of copied CD's.

Personally I think its because his car has french plates

I certainly felt safe there all the time. Aged 12 I used to cycle round the place at all hours on my own and never ran into any trouble.

I guess the car breaking is caused by drug addicts. Although you make a good point about your friend's French plates.... my Dad reckoned the reason we were targeted was for having British plates.

We do have a couple of sets of Dutch plates left over from when we were there. Maybe I should fit them when I drive around The Netherlands in the Locost!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

NS Dev

posted on 22/5/06 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
I'm going on holiday near there in 6 weeks time!!!

(Going to Barnaul in Siberia, just north of Khazakstan and Mongolian border, also into the Altay mountains!!)

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.