Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Viewing a filthy house
dave dickson

posted on 18/12/05 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
My sister just bought her first house.
Filthy doesnt come close to describing it, the previous owner was disabled and had no access to upstairs. He also smoked about 200 fags a day going by the completely brown and orange decor, which used to be white, and the overpowering stench of nicotine.

She got it for a good price though, and its all cosmetic really. Yeah, we have to spend some time and effort cleaning and redecorating, but thats all it is. Apart from 1 section of guttering needing fixed, there is nothing structural needing done, it has decent, well fitted windows and doors etc.
I am changing the kitchen and bathroom suite too, but she had allowed for that in the budgets as it was all funky 70`s stuff originally.

You have to see how the house will look once the current tenant has moved out, taking their junk with them.

bimbleuk

posted on 18/12/05 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I was 30 before I got round to actually saving enough for a decent deposit

I bought an ex-rental which was in a state but luckily it was all cosmetic but I still got a decent lump off the asking price. I was lucky I suppose as I bought right before the prices went stupid.

My more cautious colleauge at work kept holding off on making the move and ended up buying a similar property to mine at almost double the price last year!!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.