New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: attack on user
OX

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
couldnt of said it better gaz
CommanderAce

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
Down with sort of thing, careful now!

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!

shortie

posted on 22/1/06 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
Guys,

Lets take some of Jon's advice, put it down to experience, apologise and leave it at that.

Over the past few weeks there seems to have been alot of posts with people having ago at others or being unhelpful or just pointless posts.

I have been on forums before when things just start to get silly and everyone just starts slagging everyone off and to be honest they just degenerate into pointless forums and people leave and new people become afraid to post for fear of being slagged off.

Please don't let this forum go the same way, I couldn't have built my car without the help of many people on this forum and others should have the same opportunity to learn from the advice given.

I have made many friends from this forum and value their friendship and it would be sad to lose the friendly fun nature of the forum that it used to have.

Anyway I'll leave it at that but just a plea to think before posting and just lighten up everyone and try to help each other and not slag people off, it really serves no purpose.

Rich.

Peteff

posted on 22/1/06 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
and some just seem to post to get their post count up

Get rid of the post count, I'll vote for that.

Down with sort of thing, careful now!
and less of the other stuff as well.

Father Ted rules, o.k.

Calm down now, alright. (in a scouser stylee)

[Edited on 22/1/06 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

graememk

posted on 22/1/06 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
not a bad idea

mookaloid

posted on 22/1/06 at 12:28 AM Reply With Quote
Well I've said all I'm going to say - I just hope everyone else can just let it drop now
steve_gus

posted on 22/1/06 at 12:36 AM Reply With Quote
I have never understood this 'post count envy' thing.

Anyone like to explain what kudos this would bring in the goldfish bowl that is this site? It has the exact opposite effect.

There are over 60 users on here (very many of which are helpful regulars) with post counts of over 1000, and lets face it, there are not that many questions to ask or answer when building a car.

This site is a source of help, knowlege and a 'social club'. How many posts anyone makes has no bearing at all on the validity of their info. As with any advice, you assess its usefulness and take it or leave it.

There are posters here (cymtrics is an example) that have no intention to build a car, but post useful stuff on chassis dynamics. There are those that build a whole car with 18 posts. Those that just post jokes. There are those with hundreds of posts that dont seem to have intention ever to build. Those that post a lot and have been building for ages.

And what of it?

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 22/1/06 at 12:56 AM Reply With Quote
well i'm a bit issed again, but advice stays the same........

life is too short... enjoy/

gazza285

posted on 22/1/06 at 01:18 AM Reply With Quote
I don't have the answers, but I've been a member for two and a half years and I've replied to the questions that I know the answer to, or have had experience with, or known the pitfalls to be avoided. Plus the odd joke. This all adds up to a total posting count of 860+ a few. Not even one a day. I don't care.

What does bother me is looking at new posts to find that somebody has said

""

Or

""

Or spouted some bullshit that is just not true.
Or iirc? If you don't know for sure, why bother telling people that it might not be right? What is the point of that? Do a little research first to make sure that you know that you do know what you are talking about. Good information is what people need, whether they are new or been on here for a while, not bland pleasantries and a .

Have a thought for Chris W that has to run this. The more crap postings you land on his servers the more money he has to cadge off his sponsors, so give him a break and only post when you need to.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
k33ts

posted on 22/1/06 at 01:39 AM Reply With Quote
duno whats goin on ive met grahame very nice bloke hes a joker at heart if hes affended anyone im sure he didnt mean it
graememk

posted on 22/1/06 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
many thanks k33ts, oh bugger locking wheel nuts, in the post monday....

ps hows the car comming on ?

btw keets and k33ts if you need a garage i have one of them block prefab units you can have for £100, you'll still need the roof though and a good base. oh and a lorry to pick it up on.

[Edited on 22/1/06 by graememk]

scotty g

posted on 22/1/06 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody Hell.
I don't even know how to put a smiley on a post so i'm damned sure i won't be posting any jokes for fear it might result in a torrent of abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IainB
Builder

Posts 236
Registered 17/11/05
Location Glasgow

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Fiat X1/9 - GRP widebody, Bike carbs, Megajolt

posted on 22/1/06 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Do something useful, go find the f**ker who spilt a load of slippery cold white stuff a month ago causing me to fall on my arse..

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/IainB1986/

Considerably

posted on 22/1/06 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, doesn't take much to turn normally gentle posters back into Woodbine in mouth, can of Stella in hand, c'mon then if you think yer hard enough brawlers does it.

Classic

You can take the boy out the pit, but you can't take the pit out the boy.

omega 24 v6

posted on 22/1/06 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Cmon lads take two steps back, take a chill pill, and bury the hatchet ( not in each other) or should that be
We're all here to discuss cars and help each other out at the end of the day.

steve_gus

posted on 22/1/06 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
i was dealing with a japanese company 10 years ago in a technology exchange.

I meant to show suprise by puttting !!!!! after a joking statement.

They called me up most upset that they had done something to offend me! In japan that combination expresses great annoyance.

The emoticons are there to help create expression in posts that might otherwise be taken the wrong way.

Therefore, does have a meaning. Use them wrongly and you will get the wrong expression of intent.

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

nick205

posted on 23/1/06 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Now look what you've gone and done - I've been reading this ruddy post for so long my lunch breaks over and I haven't had time to ask all the car building related questions I needed to ask today

It's not evening very entertaining, but once you get reading it's difficult to stop

Still, there's always tomorrow eh

Nick

richijenkin

posted on 23/1/06 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
A diner hour!!!??? that was quick!! taken me all morning to read it... and now...I have to go to diner...

I wouldn't stress bout it graememk, some people just like to have a moan every now and then.

UncleFista

posted on 23/1/06 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
hmmm maybe I should say less .

Nah bugg*er it as has been said the guy brought it upon himself, and as I have been on my arse due a slippy substance on the road, like others I could not let his comments pass, but one thing I do and am proud of is I have the balls to say what many only think, but thanks for your input your opinon is somthing you are entitled to.

Regards

Mark

By "brought it upon himself" you actually mean that because he didn't use a smiley, or you didn't find it funny he should expect to be threatened and abused ? I'm not sure what forums you frequented in the past, but it's not like that here (at least until now).

Personally I fully intend on making crappy jokes, using daft phrases and maybe even a pun or two in my postings. So in future, if I say something you don't agree with/understand, Feck off.

And you may or may not have the "balls" to say what you mean, but in my experience, people who say that usually mean "I like to stick my foot in my mouth"

[Edited on 23/1/06 by UncleFista]

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.