Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dodgy cartoons........
gttman

posted on 4/2/06 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Opression and killing for any religion is wrong IMO....... but then so is making fun of other peoples faith.

Becoming intollerent of certain groups is not the answer from either side, but it is inevitable and dare I say human nature.

flak monkey

posted on 4/2/06 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Well somehow I managed to miss this one...

Anyway I agree with those of you who say essentially ...'when in Rome'. Not that I am intolerant of other faiths, but I believe that if you live in a predominantly Christian society then you should respect their faith, feel free to practice your own, but dont ram it down each others throats. The 'minorities' in this country are still that..only around 6-8% of the population of the UK as a whole!

The Muslims that cause the problems are those fundamentals (every religion has its fundamentalists) who take the Koran (spell it how you wish) literally. For those who know anything about the origins of Islam then it may be obvious why they wish to destroy the west... There is a line in the Koran that translates to something similar to 'Islam shall not rest until Christianity is destroyed'. This is hardly suprising when you consider that Islam was born out of the aftermarth of a war at Mecca between the Christians and to be Muslims. The Christians won. A redheaded man calling himself Allah came down from the mountains and began preaching to the surviviors after the Christians had left, bringing about the start of the Islamic/Muslim faith. So its hardly suprising that the fundamentalists want to destroy the west as we are a predominatly Christain sector of the world. (Theres also their apparent loathing of the consumer society, but I think thats just an excuse myself...)

I must point out that I have many friends at university from various religions/faiths and they are all lovely people and I respect their faith and they respect mine.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

steve_gus

posted on 4/2/06 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
good comment

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Noodle

posted on 5/2/06 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve_gus
problem is, its all down to your perspective.

go back 600 years and we likely did cut off heads in the christian crusades.

Can someone please tell these folks that it wasn't me.

Honest.

I'm 35 ffs.

Neil.

Your sort make me sick

JoelP

posted on 6/2/06 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
this must be the quote of the year so far:

quote:

"They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and to their newspapers," he said.

Jon Ison

posted on 6/2/06 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Am I a racist ???

I know that if I had walked around with some of the placards Ive seen over the weekend at a football match I wouldn't be typing this now, well not from the comfort of my own home anyway, and what happens if you turn up at an airport and claim too have a bomb ? Let alone walk the streets dressed too look like you have one strapped too your chest, its gone mad, totally mad, religion ??? Glad I ain't got one.

I'll finish like i started, Am i a racist ?

JoelP

posted on 6/2/06 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
there's a very unracist midpoint where we all live happily every after, doubt it will happen though. I think all humans are too quick to anger really, myself included.

You're a nice guy Jon, I dont think anyone could call you racist. Sadly, most people i know are either racist, prejudist or ignorant.

steve_gus

posted on 7/2/06 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
THATS JUST TOTALLY BOLLLOX!!!!!!

ooops - sorry

btw - search for mohammed and islam on wikipedia. It gives you a bit more of an insight of their thought processes. Islam has many shared fundamental beliefs as christianity at its core and some are a better approach. It even recognises Jesus - as a prophet not holy trinity.

For catholics, if a newborn dies without baptism, it goes to hell (thats pretty harsh!) - in islam a child is innocent and automatically goes to heaven

atb

steve

[Edited on 7/2/06 by steve_gus]

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 7/2/06 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
All religions have their good bits and bad bits. The most peacful of all religions is probably Buddhism, and is also the most forgiving. It can at times be rather strict though.

Its how you interpret it as to whether the 'bad' bits affect you or not. The same with all aspects of religion, you dont have to accept everything said, as long as you have the main belief and faith.

I dont like the catholic or CoE denominations for many reasons (and this isnt the place to go into why).

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

ChrisJLW

posted on 8/2/06 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
Funny thing is there are some very nice representations of el Prophet Muhammed in the Middle east dating back a few hundred years, which funnily enough haven't been torn down, destroyed etc! Don't understand these people.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway.
But more, much more than this,
I did it side-ah-ways.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.