Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Digital Dash , group buy !
ch1ll1

posted on 8/3/06 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
and very cheap at that price
craig1410

posted on 8/3/06 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
You mention the lack of alternator light and brake fluid level/handbrake warning lights but wouldn't it be possible to replace a couple of the lenses (ie. the Hazard light lens and Neutral Lens) with the appropriate lenses for alt and brakes?

I'm sure I am not alone in using the Sierra steering column and it has a hazard warning switch/light combined so I wouldn't need that repeated on the dash module.

I think VWP supply lenses which you can use to make up your own intruments and they were (IIRC) about the same size as the ones in the ACE dash.

Just a thought...
Cheers,
Craig.

Here is the page on VWP's website.

[Edited on 8/3/2006 by craig1410]

cryoman1965

posted on 8/3/06 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
ACE 3150

I am interested in this model, but can you get a sender compatible with this unit and if so where from?
nitram38

posted on 11/3/06 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Got mine today, very pleased.
Mine came with the lower 2 indicators in plain blue.
Can replacement lenses with different symbols be bought for these?

the_fbi

posted on 11/3/06 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Got mine today too.
Same two lower ones blue too.
Not checked if the harness supports bulbs in these locations though....

nitram38

posted on 11/3/06 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the_fbi
Got mine today too.
Same two lower ones blue too.
Not checked if the harness supports bulbs in these locations though....

I have n,t taken mine apart, but I think that there are leds behind each lense, so you just need a lense change and to connect the correct wire?

nitram38

posted on 11/3/06 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Correction, just taken the lense/led apart. Not only do you need a lense, the led unit is a circuit board with only 3 leds.
The bottom one has the circuit board but no led.
The led is one of those micro types about 1mm X 1.5mm and looks like it should only be soldered on by a machine!
It looks like that in order to have all 8 indicators working, a change of the whole led set is required. It is a bit disappointing as the photo at the start of the thread and on the acewell website, shows 8.

16vmini

posted on 11/3/06 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
have i cocked somthing up ? very sorry if i have ??? are yours different to the picture ??? checked a few , they look ok ....

Matt

[Edited on 11/3/06 by 16vmini]

nitram38

posted on 11/3/06 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Mine is definitely different from the picture. On mine, both of the bottom lenses are blue and do not contain an led. To change them would require the lenses plus a lighting set with 4 leds.
16vmini

posted on 11/3/06 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
you are right , the pic shows 8 lights , bu the spec for the ACE3853 only should have 6 anyway .. so pic is wrong on there site . but the dash is correct to the spec

Matt

16vmini

posted on 11/3/06 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
i got the round one , that only has 6 leds on it....

Matt

the_fbi

posted on 11/3/06 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 16vmini
you are right , the pic shows 8 lights , bu the spec for the ACE3853 only should have 6 anyway .. so pic is wrong on there site . but the dash is correct to the spec

Matt

Similarly on the boxes, there isn't actually a config shown with 8 lights, but the description to the left says "include 4-8 LED indicators".
Clearly this depends on model, although none have 8 according to the box. Actually none have 7 either.

I'm happy as I got what I ordered, its just not the same as the pics, but they didn't show all the configs so I knew that.

Thanks again for the swift delivery

craig1410

posted on 11/3/06 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
I've not received mine yet but could one of you guys please tell me which 6 lenses are fitted to the 3853? Does it agree with the spec on the website? (ie. Indicators x 2 , main beam, hazards, oil pressure, neutral)

I must be honest, if I'd known (realised) this beforehand I would probably have just ordered the version of the dash without the lights. It's a bit naughty of the manufacturer to show a picture of a model that they don't appear to actually sell. I thought I was ordering the top of the range and hence the one in the photo.

Matt, these criticisms are not aimed at you as you were clearly acting in good faith so please don't take it personally. However, if I decide that I don't want to go down the road of modifying the unit to suit SVA requirements by adding in the missing led's & lenses, would it be possible to send you back the 3853 and have it replaced with an 3150? I would be willing to pay for the cost of posting it back to you (or direct to your supplier if that saved you the onward postage cost) if you or your supplier was willing to cover the cost of posting the 3150 dash out to me. Obviously I'd be looking for a refund of the difference in price too.

I'm not saying that I definitely want to do this yet as I will evaluate the possibility of adding in the extra LED's and changing some of the lenses (something I was planning to do anyway) but I would like to discuss the option of a swap in case it comes to that.

Cheers,
Craig.

ps. Whatever you decide, I guarantee we won't fall out over this - life is too short!

the_fbi

posted on 11/3/06 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Craig:
Due to the way the unit is designed, the central part of the dash just "sits" inside the outer part which has the additional lights in it.

So if you don't want the extra lights, all you'd have to do is ship the extra lights to somebody who does want them and Matt just orders theirs without the lights.

The 2 are totally separate items and 100% interchangeable. Wires for each are separate too.

nitram38

posted on 12/3/06 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Matt any chance of ordering the 4 led light modules (X2) plus extra lenses from the manufactures?
I would really like to have all 8 lights working, even if the blue pair are only used as shift lights.

nitram38

posted on 12/3/06 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Matt any chance of ordering the 4 led light modules (X2) plus extra lenses from the manufactures?
I would really like to have all 8 lights working, even if the blue pair are only used as shift lights.

16vmini

posted on 12/3/06 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
will see what i can sort out.

Matt

nitram38

posted on 12/3/06 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Matt, I forgot to add that I will pay for them!
the_fbi

posted on 12/3/06 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 16vmini
will see what i can sort out.

Matt

I'm interested too

ta
Chris

auzziejim

posted on 12/3/06 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
im interested in an ACE3150

please let me know how i can pay

also what sender is needed for the fuel level?

[Edited on 12/3/06 by auzziejim]

16vmini

posted on 12/3/06 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by auzziejim
im interested in an ACE3150

please let me know how i can pay

also what sender is needed for the fuel level?

[Edited on 12/3/06 by auzziejim]

u2u me for my address , or paypal me 63 pounds to paypal@16vmini.co.uk

TPG

posted on 12/3/06 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Matt.Did my cheque get to you?I know you'll wait for clearance etc.Thanks.Richard.

..Which was nice..

16vmini

posted on 12/3/06 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TPG
Matt.Did my cheque get to you?I know you'll wait for clearance etc.Thanks.Richard.

yep , order should be placed tuesday

Matt

auzziejim

posted on 12/3/06 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
just a quick question about these ACE units what do those who have already fitted them use for fuel a fuel sender?
nitram38

posted on 12/3/06 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
You can use any sender that has a max level of 100 ohms. It can be a tube or float type.
If you are clever with electronics you could even make any electric sender work by adding resistors in series to increase resistance or use low resistors in parallel to reduce it to 100 ohms.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.