Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Laser Eye Surgery
oliwb

posted on 20/9/06 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the responses. It was optical express that she was interested in and probably the wavefront lasek as she is a PE teacher and we've been told that lasek has less chance of being damaged if you hit or punched (ie. a ball in the face) where as lasik can result i nthe flap and scar opening up again....Will have a look at moorefield as it sounds like lots of people have ended up there which wouldn't have needed to if they'd gone there in the first place! Cheers Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nishka

posted on 20/9/06 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
JackNCO

yes they are bad but hey such is life and of course no offence taken.

02GF74

It may have only become popular on the high street in the last 10 years but it has been around in its modern forn for 40 years or more.

It was origianlly pioneered in Russia, where they practiced 'Radial Keratotomy' (making radiak cuts to reshape the eye muscle) and then they didn't use Lasers they used fine knives.

Nice avatar BTW brings back a lot of memories!

OLIWB

Moorfields is not the same as Vision Express, not the least because Morrefields charge £1700 per eye as apposed to Vision Express's £400.

Then again you pays your money ..... etc

Cheers

Nishka

David Jenkins

posted on 20/9/06 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Not quite in the same league, but I once made a couple of visits to the opticians' school at Moorfields, in the role of 'guinea-pig'. Had my eyes tested by a 3rd-year student, then again by the lecturer. Next visit, a moorfields technician made sure that my chosen frames fitted and that the prescription was correct.

The glasses were at cost only (i.e. no profit) and were the best prescription I have ever had in nearly 40 years of glasses wearing.

They really do know what they're doing there!

David

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.