Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Police impressed with mac1
JUD

posted on 20/9/06 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
I had heard that it is an offence to have a license with an incorrect address, with a maximum fine of £400.

The Highway code (www.highwaycode.gov.uk/28.htm) states:

"Driving Licence. You MUST have a valid signed driving licence for the category of vehicle you are driving. You MUST inform the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) if you change your name and address. Law RTA 1988 sect 87"

The Road Traffic Act states:

"(4) Where the name or address of the licence holder as specified in a licence ceases to be correct, its holder must forthwith surrender the licence to the Secretary of State and provide him with particulars of the alterations falling to be made in the name or address and, in the case of a provisional licence as respects which the prescribed conditions are satisfied, with a statement of his sex and date of birth.

(5) A person who fails to comply with the duty under subsection (4) above is guilty of an offence."

That said, they would have to be pretty anal to actually pursue it. Maybe a history of 15 points would make then that anal

Martin

[Edited on 20/9/06 by JUD]

kipper

posted on 6/11/06 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
front number plates

I had the same problem with the number plate on my ST, I cured it by hanging the numberplate under the nose cone on two backflap hinges. It just folds back if it comes in contact with speed humps and at speed it blows back and all but disapears, handy for confusing speed cameras.

Regards Kipper.

JoelP

posted on 6/11/06 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
my advice is no number plate at all as russ says, £30 is a bargain considering there are no points. It will save you from the camera vans which are the most dangerous things on the road today.

As for the address, id just go in, im sure they will appreciate the honesty. And i wouldnt really give a toss if they didnt! You wont end up in court for such a trivial matter.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.