Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 4x4 front suspension
Cheffy

posted on 13/10/06 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Liam,

Yes. Going over the top of the drive shafts.

As mentioned in the earlier post, the design is based on Alan B's idea. I just modified it slightly (ie. going with the shorter shocks and using the bracket over the drive shafts) to suit my needs.

Mart.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
quadra

posted on 15/10/06 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Liam

P.S. Car looks nice Quadra! You may have seen the V8 Quadra that was my inspiration? What are you extracting from the cossie motor? And finally, no offence at all, but i cant help find myself chuckling at yet another Dax rollbar! Hope you never need it

Yes the V8 quadra I think you are talking about was built by John Cellier and was one of the best built sevens I have ever seen, lots of attention to detail. Dax roll bar is, I agree, laughable and I also hope i never need it. My engine has over the years seen all sorts of power figures, it started out with the normal 220bhp and then I did a few mods and it was rolling roaded at 373bhp (flywheel figure, 294bhp at the wheels I think, don't you just love the power loss), but in the interests of longevity and maintaining a healthy bank balance I settled for about 300bhp. The car is docile in traffic and the exact ooposite when you want it, it still scares me now after 6 years.

I like your project, very different and it looks well thought out, keep it up.

Cheers Mike

You don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

fregis

posted on 6/1/13 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
long thread but say.
some saying that bad handling 4x4, but i noticed no one thing. Most as far as we saw the steering column is very in front- increases steering tie rod angle - it can cause bad Ackerman angle when the wheels turns. I think it can lead to a handling deterioration maybe someone has solved the this problem and try drive? i solved but i drive only 400m (did not experience)

Never be afraid to do what you are insolvent, remember: amateurs built the ark - Professionals built the Titanic.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.