Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost newbie
Simon

posted on 6/10/06 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Noob

It may be a way for you to travel, but Kit Car Live is on at Brands Hatch on 14/10.

A lot of the manufacturers will be there giving rides around the Indy Circuit (iirc for a small fee!).

If you find a car or two you like, talk to the manufacturer with you requirements (start listing them on paper now). They can say either yay or nay. Get a ride around the track. Think about your location to theirs, as it's quite fun to visit manufacturer to pick up bits - but you don't want to end up with a 500 mile round trip.

I built Deimos from scratch (chassis, bodywork, IRS etc etc and wiring loom (though I still can't wire a plug)), and all in (inc SVA+1, RFL and Ins) came to about £3000. Look at previously listed manufacturers sites to gauge prices.

Building from scratch will give you a far better insight into your car (rather then one someone else hasn't finished.

If you can get your loan up to £4500 - £5000, you stand a much better chance of having all funds required. I've just had a quick peek at the Luego site ( http://www.luegosportscars.com/cars/velocity/index.html ) for the Velocity (they also do the Viento etc). You'll see your £3k disappear fairly rapidly. You'll also need to refurb some of your donor parts as a matter of course (discs/calipers etc etc).

I like challenges, so I'm about to start "Evo'ing" my car, which essentially will be to replace bits that were finished in a bit of a rush or I just don't like, and to add a couple of turbos and fuel injection

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 6/10/06 by Simon]

kit_car_kid06

posted on 8/10/06 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Some sound advice! Thanks guys!

Il take a look at those web sites and no doubt ask a few more questions later if google doesn't provide the answers.

Thanks again everyone!

pondskater292

posted on 25/10/06 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
cheers
wicket

posted on 25/10/06 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Pondsakter you've gotta do something about the size of that Avatar!!!!!
richijenkin

posted on 3/12/06 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
lol, hi dude, come over the the computer helpdesk and we can chat, I'll take you for a spin whenever you like.

Rig

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.