Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Darren (GTS)
procomp

posted on 19/1/07 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi GTS are not the only people who do an ( 11 ) there is also WESTFIELD.

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Kelvin

posted on 19/1/07 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi GTS are not the only people who do an ( 11 ) there is also WESTFIELD.

cheers matt

Oh indeed, had a drive of their yellow demonstrator over Xmas. Their's is Midget based though......

[Edited on 19/1/07 by Kelvin]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 19/1/07 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hi it is indeed.

But nothing to stop people changing certain parts that they dont like and creating there own version based on westfields verry good quatity kit.

[img]http://wwwlocostbuilders.co.uk [/img]

The pic above was one off the verry first that westfield originaly did and then modified for racing.

Cheers matt

Kelvin

posted on 19/1/07 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi it is indeed.

But nothing to stop people changing certain parts that they dont like and creating there own version based on westfields verry good quatity kit.

The pic above was one off the verry first that westfield originaly did and then modified for racing.

Cheers matt

No argument there from me (going very off topic this now!) but I don't really want the hassle this time of going to the extremes of changing all the bits to suit another donor.

The GTS one appealed due to it effectively being a cloak of the Locost chassis.

Fizzie

posted on 19/1/07 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Seems too be contageous

link

Fizzzzzzzz

jamesg20

posted on 19/1/07 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
I'm stunned to be honest. This kind of bad press will sink a company in a competitive market pretty quickly.
zxrlocost

posted on 19/1/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
you couldnt be more wrong in the Kit car industry it gets you more business
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

TimC

posted on 19/1/07 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
A bit off topic, but an excellent example of good service.

I ordered parts from www.pegasusautoracing.com in Wisconsin USA on Wednesday night. They arrived TODAY. F***ing incredible.

stantheman

posted on 19/1/07 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
more woes

JBA falcon

Another satisfied customer,not.

Noodle

posted on 19/1/07 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stantheman
JBA falcon

Another satisfied customer,not.

Blinkety-flip!

Your sort make me sick

Kelvin

posted on 20/1/07 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Such a frustrating thing to see with a company that obviously has a product that people want and is willing to go into the market place to save other companies from folding but just isn't making the most of the opportunities that are available to it.

Simple customer service is lacking (from an external view) which if fixed could snowball into being a major player in the market with a big turnover and profit, not a perceived major player with potentially a cupboard full of winding up orders.

BKLOCO

posted on 21/1/07 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Unbelievable

Hello everyone.
I'm back.
WITH AVENGENCE.
So let me get the gist of this thread right....
You want Darren to employ more people?
OK I'm sure he would happily do that...
However would YOU be happy to pay that persons salary in increased prices for the parts you buy?
I think not somehow.
You all seem to forget that EVERY kit car supplier is efectively a cottage industry. They ALL have things wrong with them to a greater or lesser extent.
That may be what is percieved by some to be poor customer relations, as with GTS, or badly fitting bodywork, as with MK, or any number of other things with other manufacturers. The fact is "you pays yer money and takes yer choice"
If you want a super slick organisation to deal with you shouldn't be building a kit car in the first place because you WILL be dissapointed.
Although I have NOT got as much experience as some on here regarding building cars I DO have quite a lot of life experience and quite honestly there are a lot of posters on this forum who maybe need to keep quiet until they can say the same.
I built a GTS Panther in less than 7 months, in my spare time. I had one or 2 delays yes but NOTHING that couldn't be sorted out with the supplier (who wasn't allways GTS) with a polite but firm phone call.
Might I suggest that some people need to learn some "people skills" before posting on here. Maybe then they could use this forum for what it was set up for.
To give help and advice on technical issues encountered in the building of kit/scratch built cars.....
NOT SLAGGING OF INDIVIDUALS OR MANUFACTURERS IN A VINDICTIVE IMMATURE WAY THAT DOES NOTHING FOR ANYONE. BUT SHOWS THE POSTER UP FOR WHAT THEY ARE.

"Brian has again left the room"

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

flak monkey

posted on 21/1/07 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO
Hello everyone.
I'm back.
WITH AVENGENCE.
So let me get the gist of this thread right....
You want Darren to employ more people?
OK I'm sure he would happily do that...
However would YOU be happy to pay that persons salary in increased prices for the parts you buy?
I think not somehow.
You all seem to forget that EVERY kit car supplier is efectively a cottage industry. They ALL have things wrong with them to a greater or lesser extent.
That may be what is percieved by some to be poor customer relations, as with GTS, or badly fitting bodywork, as with MK, or any number of other things with other manufacturers. The fact is "you pays yer money and takes yer choice"
If you want a super slick organisation to deal with you shouldn't be building a kit car in the first place because you WILL be dissapointed.
Although I have NOT got as much experience as some on here regarding building cars I DO have quite a lot of life experience and quite honestly there are a lot of posters on this forum who maybe need to keep quiet until they can say the same.
I built a GTS Panther in less than 7 months, in my spare time. I had one or 2 delays yes but NOTHING that couldn't be sorted out with the supplier (who wasn't allways GTS) with a polite but firm phone call.
Might I suggest that some people need to learn some "people skills" before posting on here. Maybe then they could use this forum for what it was set up for.
To give help and advice on technical issues encountered in the building of kit/scratch built cars.....
NOT SLAGGING OF INDIVIDUALS OR MANUFACTURERS IN A VINDICTIVE IMMATURE WAY THAT DOES NOTHING FOR ANYONE. BUT SHOWS THE POSTER UP FOR WHAT THEY ARE.

"Brian has again left the room"

Amen

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

JoelP

posted on 21/1/07 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
sorry lads, but employing staff is an essential part of growing a business. Darren is clearly at his limit, where supply is the limiting factor. If there is an excess of demand, and he feels inclinded to attemp to meet the demand, then he simply has to employ staff. If he doesnt want to, fair enough, his turnover will be limited by a lower productivity*. Im sure that in the long run the bad press will do no damage, because as people get put off he will be better able to meet the demands of those who stay.

By productivity i dont just mean his ability to produce items to sell, i mean it to include his ability to sell them and take orders.

[Edited on 21/1/07 by JoelP]

Kelvin

posted on 21/1/07 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Quite right Joel.

As I said originally, I have no axe to grind with Darren or any of his companies, I am merely posting as someone who is looking to purchase another kit and has done research on this forum, which most people with internet access, I would imagine, would do.

Employing a member of staff to deal with admin/emails etc is merely one possibility, but what i will say is that in my experience those companies with good customer service records are more likely to get my business and return business. In today's culture of so much choice, there has to be something to 'sweeten the deal' if you like, and that isn't always the price.

Describing any company as 'just a cottage industry' is no excuse for poor customer service, it should be at the forefront of your thoughts when dealing with the people who are putting the money into keeping your business alive, no matter if it be a multinational or small one man band.

Unfortunately I think the damage has been done (whether rightly or wrongly), in the view of some readers of this forum at least, which means that this type of thread will now always be jumped on immediately by both sides.

Shame, as GTS have, from what I have seen, to be a very nice product that I would definitely consider purchasing, if I could gain confidence in the supplier. Unfortunately, I think that may be a hard thing to achieve.

Sorry, I must seem like a cracked customer service record, but it's something that really bugs me about business today.

[Edited on 21/1/07 by Kelvin]

Fat boy 1

posted on 21/1/07 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelvin
Quite right Joel.

As I said originally, I have no axe to grind with Darren

Then why Post, Have you ever puchased any thing from GTS ? because Darren has only done the best he can for Locost builders, he's got the right product at the right price.

And when he F---ks OFF because of all the aggro it will be GTS customers that suffer, not the people who are on the guy's back who haven't bought a thing of him. which is most of you as far as I can see.

[Edited on 21/1/07 by Kelvin]

Kelvin

posted on 22/1/07 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fat boy 1
quote:
Quite right Joel.

As I said originally, I have no axe to grind with Darren

Then why Post, Have you ever puchased any thing from GTS ? because Darren has only done the best he can for Locost builders, he's got the right product at the right price.

And when he F---ks OFF because of all the aggro it will be GTS customers that suffer, not the people who are on the guy's back who haven't bought a thing of him. which is most of you as far as I can see.

Okay, I'll try and explain in simple terms as you seem to have not bothered reading my posts.

You are quite correct, I haven't purchased anything from GTS, which is why, in my first post, I said;

quote:
I must make it clear that I haven't tried to contact GTS via phone, email etc, so I have no axe to grind, no parts outstanding, no money owed. I have spoken to them at Brands and they seemed like nice, chatty, knowledgeable people.

I am posting because I am a potential purchaser of a kit. As a potential purchaser of a kit I have done some research and have read the topics here in the GTS forum (I've been a member since 2002 or a couple of cars ago) and those available on Google. Those threads and search results, you have to admit, do not paint a good picture from the perspective of someone wishing to invest some of their hard earned into a hobby.

As I also said, GTS have what appears to be a very nice product, which I would definitely consider purchasing but for the aforementioned issues raised on this forum/searched via Google. I don't believe any of my posts have been inflammatory towards GTS or Darren personally, they have merely been personal views that could be applied to any business in any field where customer service is an important factor in business growth/customer satisfaction.

I fully agree with you, GTS have offered another choice in the already crowded Locost market and their prices are very tempting for which they should be applauded, but those prices mean nothing if there are issues with actually getting hold of the parts after payment has been received.

As a potential customer, I have decided not to buy a GTS after reading these threads and my own research, purely due to the customer service issue, not to do with the quality of products or manufacture. That is just me though, as it is an area of business I feel strongly about. There are just too many scare stories, whether they be true, half true or whatever, to make me feel comfortable.

As to your question of why post, well, this forum depends on posts and conversations to live, so if someone has a point or an opinion to make then I feel it is important that it is posted and can then be debated. I have an opinion, much like everyone else, and I was offering my perspective. I kept my posts general and made my position clear from post 1 in this thread, I'm not a GTS customer, I have no complaints with them, but due to the evidence available to me I would not be becoming a future customer and here's why and explained what I felt could make the experience better. I'm one person who is not going to put 3 - 4 thousand into GTS who has posted, how many are there who haven't posted?

flak monkey

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
If you have had no dealings with GTS then reserve your judgement. Fair enough some of the posts may put off some would be customers, but inflaming the situation doesnt make it any better.

Darren doesnt post on here anymore because of the aggro, and I cant blame him. Unfortunately we live in a world where people are quick to slag off a company, and loathe to leave positive comments. I know of many satisfied GTS customers both in the UK and abroad. unfortunately any thread in this section seems to deteriorate into an argument.

I set up a GTS forum on the owners club site, and Darren does regularly visit it. I would urge any GTS customers with technical issues to use that forum rather than this one. This is a joke and ultimately a waste of everybodies time.

Rgds,
David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Kelvin

posted on 22/1/07 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
If you have had no dealings with GTS then reserve your judgement. Fair enough some of the posts may put off some would be customers, but inflaming the situation doesnt make it any better.

Darren doesnt post on here anymore because of the aggro, and I cant blame him. Unfortunately we live in a world where people are quick to slag off a company, and loathe to leave positive comments. I know of many satisfied GTS customers both in the UK and abroad. unfortunately any thread in this section seems to deteriorate into an argument.

I set up a GTS forum on the owners club site, and Darren does regularly visit it. I would urge any GTS customers with technical issues to use that forum rather than this one. This is a joke and ultimately a waste of everybodies time.

Rgds,
David

David,

Sorry, no, I will not reserve my judgement, or keep quiet as it's not what GTS owners want to hear, which is probably more the case.

I will say it again, I have no reason to doubt Darren or GTS, I am merely posting as a former potential customer and explaining the reasons for me not wishing to purchase from GTS. These are valid reasons open to serious debate. I admit, most of these threads degenerate into petty name calling, which in my view this thread hasn't, it has raised some valid points. They do not inflame any situation.

There is a distinct difference between myself and someone who is currently experiencing problems, whatever they may be, with GTS or infact any company they may be dealing with.

Everything I have posted has been generalities, which could quite easily pertain to any company in any industry. It just so happens that this topic is in the GTS forum.

I am trying to ascertain why and maybe understand the reasons for there being so many posts of a bad nature.

To my mind, Darren could do a lot worse than putting a post here, maybe 'stickied' (sic) at the top, explaining once and for all how to contact him, how to deal with any delays be they expected or not and finally put the problems to bed. It would show a willingness to make matters better and save Mark and yourself the hassle of being an intermediary.

I think you're right, there does need to be more postings of a positive nature as I firmly believe he has a good product, as evidenced by your very nice build.

[Edited on 22/1/07 by Kelvin]

BKLOCO

posted on 22/1/07 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Kelvin
You flatter yourself.
Do you really think that real GTS owners give a flying fcuk about your opinionated views?
We've built GTS's and mostly have a good relationship with Darren and all the other guys down at the w-shop.
Stop wasting yours and everybody elses time and go build a car....

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

Kelvin

posted on 22/1/07 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Ah, and the thread descends.

Maybe a few more positive posts from people such as yourself would have helped the situation in the first place.

Yep, I fully admit to being dogmatic in my views when it comes to spending hard earned on a hobby. You pays your money etc etc etc.

Micael

posted on 22/1/07 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Some are waiting for parts from GTS. And i suspect they will be hanging here utill they get them and can continue with their build.

Maby thats why there are not so many thread like this in MK, Luego, MAC- forums. People got their stuff and are building, instead of lurking here

Micael Moose Åman

Petrolhead and all around nice guy

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun." //Sleep Talkin Man Dec 23 2009

MartinDB

posted on 22/1/07 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Kelvin
You flatter yourself.
Do you really think that real GTS owners give a flying fcuk about your opinionated views?
We've built GTS's and mostly have a good relationship with Darren and all the other guys down at the w-shop.

If GTS owners don't care about his posts, why are you getting so worked up?

Fat boy 1

posted on 23/1/07 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
If GTS owners don't care about his posts, why are you getting so worked up?

The one thing We ain't doing is geting worked up, to many people to quick to call, and most who haven't purchased a thing from GTS, or never will because of post like these, Darren has only do good for us locost builder, as I said the right price for a very good product, my not be on time my be hard to get hold off but he's never not deliverd for us guys.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.