Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scientology..
jlparsons

posted on 15/2/07 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Top tip for scientologists - having trouble with your audit? Use more current!

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

JoelP

posted on 15/2/07 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
i read about scientology on wikipedia, the things that uncle ron said are unbelievable! Some junk about aliens coming to earth 500 billion years ago (ie a little before the big bang!). They are however very rich, owning massive yachts where the top levels are taught.
macnab

posted on 16/2/07 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jlparsons
You'll like this one...
According to the church of scientology, humans are not evolved from apes but clams. The reason why back ache is such a problem for humans is that this is where our hinge used to be.

pardon me, but what the???

ned

posted on 16/2/07 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.darwinfish.co.uk/

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick baker

posted on 16/2/07 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
If she ends up in East Grinstead then the if she manages to leave the last thing she will need is this

"But she'll hvae to put up with a HUGE amount if "I told you so's"

Bah.. I wasn't entirely serious... But IF it all comes to that, I'm not going to sit back and pretend that it didn't happen. I've told her that she's got a free ticket home and that I'll arrange pickup from anywhere in the uk and delivery to an airport within 4 hours if she needs it. She knows my views, but she knows that far more importantly, I care for her.

She IS young, she IS naieve, and she won't listen to reason.

"Scary Cult" ... dead right.

The most important thing is this: She's been a scientologist all of her life, but the way SHE describes it makes it sound like a more dreamy and happy-hippy thing. What she describes is a million miles away from all the UK-based and US based Scientology websites.
This is in SWEDEN where things aren't ever as extreme as in the UK. I'm worried that she'll get to the UK and find that the UK scene is madly different... and then have trouble getting out again.

It's genuinely worrying.

macnab

posted on 16/2/07 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
When I was a kid one of my sisters friends joined something like that, her friend prompty fell out with everyone else after telling them they were sinners and going to burn in hell I thought it was so funny at the time but my sister was really upset.

[Edited on 16/2/07 by macnab]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.