Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: one last try.....
russbost

posted on 7/3/07 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Just one final thing - I probably had more fun with various 850cc Minis than just about any car i've owned since! So if you go that route I'm sure you'll still enjoy the experience.
Up until the current Furore of course,which is the largest grin generator in existance.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
greggors84

posted on 7/3/07 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goodall
being 16 myself and haveing my fathers support since i was 10 when i first wanted to make a go-kart also helping him do things at car since before that.

how did you ever get into working at cars if yours parents dont support it? like i dont understand how your interested in doing this if your father isnt interested in this as well

My dad has never been interested in cars (has just buys a new mondeo everytime his old one wears out with out thinking about other cars!) Not sure where I got it from, but I have been interested in cars since I can remember, my Grandad used to mess about with them according to my mum but not that I can remember when he was alive.

A mates dad used to take us to watch his mate and our neighbour race and I just have the vision of 70s sports cars coming down paddock hill bend ingrained in my brain now!

Got hold of 2 minis when I was about 15, stripped them both down and rebuilt one from the all the good parts. My parents have always been pretty understanding, it helps having a barn to work in and a nice sized yard to keep cars in. I think it also helps that I used to fix and service their cars too!

Although my dad is getting annoyed at the moment as the Indy is taking up room in the garage and I have a 2 door range rover sitting in the yard not doing much. Im waiting till i can build a proper garage under the barn, getting the indy out of the garage is an incentive for him to let me do it!

As said you can have so much fun in a mini, if you restore one and show them how capable you are, they will probably be more inclined to let you build a locost. You probably wouldnt want to have a locost as your first car anyway, you need something you can ferry your mates about in! A mini is great fun, can teach you alot about handling and driving skills.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.