Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: well pissed off
Wadders

posted on 11/7/07 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Thats unbelievable what ever happened to 'citizens arrest' ?

Al.

Originally posted by oldmanmille
Just glad you and your wife are OK. This happened to me a few years ago and I chased the scum in my car. Caught up with them and collared both of them - 15/16 yr olds probably.

Called the police and they warned me that I was committing an offence and to let them go!

Went back to my car and due to me driving that fast to catch them I had slammed up against the kerb and punctured my tyre and had to wait for recovery from RAC as I couldnt get jack under car due to positioning!

Maybe I shouldnt have called the police....

Anyway, not about me but you so just glad you are alright and the little darlings will have their judgement day.....

Browser

posted on 11/7/07 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
Glad you're all OK mate. One of the guys at work had this, brick hit the front of his bonnet, rolled up it and up the windscreen pillar. He said it sounded like thunder inside the car!
These little pr1cks (or pr1ckesses, I don't wish to appear sexist!) need catching and a bloody good slap applying to deter them from repeating their stupidity.

locoboy

posted on 11/7/07 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Joel,

Glad your both ok.

There was a spate of incidents on the M54 near Telford some years ago where idiots were getting ( I presume) empty calor gas cylinders and dangling them on lengths of rope from the bridges over the motorway. The ropes were the right lengths to hang the bottle at windscreen height.

Thanksfully no one was killes but a few were seriously injured and many cars written off.

All done at night BTW

Shit scary to say the least

ATB
Locoboy

turbodisplay

posted on 11/7/07 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
I`m always seeing tescos detaining people for shoplifting.

Therefore they must be breaking the law?

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Richard Quinn

posted on 11/7/07 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately this became a bit of a sport on a bypass in an area not too far from us a few years back. Ultimately it resulted in a guy in a Sprinter van losing control of his van following the attack and dying in the resulting crash. How serious does it need to get???
beppesignori
Contributor

Posts 82
Registered 7/8/06

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MK Indy Sold. Contemplating V8 midi scratch build

posted on 11/7/07 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Catching them is damn near impossible. Even if there was CCTV surveilance at all bridges in the UK, they would just pull up their hoodies and be unrecogniseable. Unless there was somebody watching the screens 24-7 to sound an alarm, I cant see how this could be stopped. Maybe covering all pedestrian crossings, although that wouldnt look very nice.
JamJah

posted on 11/7/07 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Covered crossings look a hell of a lot better than the potential results of these action!

This is personal advise or personal opinion.
Constructive comments gratefully recieved, picking is left for noses.

turbodisplay

posted on 11/7/07 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Unfortunately this became a bit of a sport on a bypass in an area not too far from us a few years back. Ultimately it resulted in a guy in a Sprinter van losing control of his van following the attack and dying in the resulting crash. How serious does it need to get???

Bet the accident was put as: "speed a contributing factor" so the local authority can put a speed camera up !

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JamJah

posted on 11/7/07 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
Getting off topic but....
quote:
Originally posted by turbodisplayBet the accident was put as: "speed a contributing factor" so the local authority can put a speed camera up !
Darren

Speed doesnt have to be a factor for a speed camera... it is a proved speeding problem OR an accident blackspot.
Ironically the cameras create the accidents 20 yards behind them and often create a speeding problem 200 yards after!

Richard Quinn

posted on 11/7/07 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by turbodisplay
quote:

Bet the accident was put as: "speed a contributing factor" so the local authority can put a speed camera up !

Darren

Nope, they dropped the speed limit from national to 50. This obviously helps you remain in control when you get a concrete block through your windscreen!!

iank

posted on 11/7/07 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Quinn
Nope, they dropped the speed limit from national to 50. This obviously helps you remain in control when you get a concrete block through your windscreen!!

Doesn't that just make it easier for them to score a hit?

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Syd Bridge

posted on 11/7/07 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
You should report this to police.

Do you have the brick?

There was a spate of these on the M3, and eventually a truck driver was killed.

It took quite a while, but the police ended up nailing the culprit reponsible for the truckie's death.

If you don't report it, then you are letting them get away with it.

Regards,
Syd.

[Edited on 11/7/07 by Syd Bridge]

t.j.

posted on 11/7/07 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Last year someone died due this "joke"

Glad you were able to stop the car without hitting anything.

Hope you can find them.

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

JamJah

posted on 11/7/07 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Although it's not worth anything. But...
The guy on the M3 near Camberley died of a heartattack rather than the block he had just seen enter into the passenger seat.

I know it means nothing as it is very likey that he had the heartattack was a direct result of the incident but I remember the local news got in trouble for not stating that! Covering your back here!!

JoelP

posted on 11/7/07 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the nice words chaps. we're both fine, i did call the police but without a proper description they had no chance. A couple of PCSOs came round to see the damage (just a few chips in the glass). The lump was probably tar i think, about 6" round and 2 thick, was black in the road behind me.

The moral is, watch out for kids on bridges.

Fozzie

posted on 11/7/07 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear.....hope you are both getting over the shock.....that is truly terrible Joel!

Funnily enough.......in this weeks Surrey Herald that was published today, a yob was put 'inside' for 14 months for the same thing.

He threw a chain from a bridge over the M25 between junctions 9 and 10.
In this case, the driver below, suffered from cuts and bruises, but is still suffering from the effects.

The police managed to lift some DNA from the chain, matching it to an 18 year old US citizen, living locally.

The charge he admitted to was.... 'Being reckless as to whether life would be endangered'......

Det Sgt E. Poole was quoted to say....'This was an extremely serious incident that could have led to a worse outcome for both the driver and other vehicles on the motorway...'

Joel, if you are not satisfied with the way your incident is being handled......complain to the Superintendent/Chief Super. for your area.....

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

turbodisplay

posted on 11/7/07 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
I think the lorry that got hit, killing the driver, was solved by DNA got from the brick.

Darren

RoadkillUK

posted on 28/7/07 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Stupid kids are at it again, this time killing a lorry driver (allegedly)

BBC News

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

Peteff

posted on 28/7/07 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
There ought to be solid 10 foot fences on all road and railway bridges to stop this kind of thing. We had something similar a few years ago with some kids throwing from a bridge but luckily they were throwing apples. I was towing the caravan and would have probably wiped someone out if I'd swerved though. Glad it wasn't more serious for you and your wife Joel.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

rusty nuts

posted on 28/7/07 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Agree with the fence idea , it may help stop people jumping off into traffic as well .
nick205

posted on 28/7/07 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Very sorry to hear about this Joel - glad you're both OK.

There was a news item recently about a guy throwing a traffic cone off a abridge. It hit a woman pedestrian on the head, causing a fractured skull, s broken vertabrae and temporary paralysis. The guy guy was convicted, but received community service sentence

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.