Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tyres for BEC
ChrisGamlin

posted on 3/9/07 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Ah OK, so it's confirmed they aren't available any more. Does anyone have any experiences on the replacement yet?

procomp

posted on 3/9/07 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hi chriss thats the A539's That have been replaced with the C -drive i think it's called. But still plenty available.

As far as i know the A048's are still in supply. But i will speak to polley direct at oulton and get the lowdown on the situation.

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Coose

posted on 3/9/07 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
There's absolutely nothing at all wrong with 888s on the track. They're very predictable and I'd highly recommend them!

They're also better than you'd think in the wet....

Spin 'er off Well...

ChrisGamlin

posted on 3/9/07 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi chriss thats the A539's That have been replaced with the C -drive i think it's called. But still plenty available.

As far as i know the A048's are still in supply. But i will speak to polley direct at oulton and get the lowdown on the situation.

cheers matt

Hi Matt

Yep I realised it was the 539s you were talking about

The 48s are used in quite a few championships and were only introduced to replace the 32 a couple of years ago so Id be suprised if they were also in the process of being replaced, unless they're going back to the 32 design which some say is marginally better.

cheers

Chris

[Edited on 3/9/07 by ChrisGamlin]

Digger Barnes

posted on 3/9/07 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I've got R888's on mine with the new softer SG compound, can't say what they are like on the track yet but they have more grip than I can test on the road. However they need to be treated with great respect in the wet, first time out on a damp road a quick blip on the throttle exiting a roundabout at about 30 and it went fully sideways in a nanosecond without warning.
Volvorsport

posted on 4/9/07 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
ive tried the colway intermediates , they were predictable . they were 15 inch so im not sure how you would get on with 13s , id like to try some a048s for comparison .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.