Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: engine woes
j30fos

posted on 3/9/07 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by higgsti
ive got a complete 1994 fireblade minus regulator and some of the fairings which have been swapped over to another bike with under 7k on the clock with v5 i had for spare engine but sold the car in march was keeping for another project but doesnt look like its going to happen.yours for £800 you can sell the rolling chassis for £300 with the log book.pre 95 blade will fly through emmisions too

[Edited on 3/9/07 by higgsti]

What your've forgot to say Higsti is yours is the 897cc ( SVA friendly version ) When I first looked to find an engine for my first build guys were selling these kits not bikes for £1000 as the westy guys go mad for them, gets you through SVA on a better emissions test.

Ive seen the bike as is and it really is a good buy, straight, just missing the rectifier which is no biggy as I think the kitcar workshop do an upgraded one for just over £100 as this is a weak link on the blades.

SyKaTurbo

posted on 4/9/07 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Ok so if I were to fit that engine. What else would I need.

Manifold
Prop flange
Cables
Gear linkage

Seems like a good deal when you factor in its an undamaged bike. Will have word with my girlfriends Dad and hopefully come take a look as he knows a bit more about bikes than me. What does this part that is missing actually do then?

SyKaTurbo

posted on 4/9/07 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
I went for the 3 points as I already have a set in pretty much new condition so dont want to start selling things at a loss when they can go onto the kit. Yes they will fit as the eyelet is located just begind where the shoulder straps meet.
higgsti

posted on 4/9/07 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
im not certain but think the regulator alters the current from the alternator back to 12v
j30fos

posted on 4/9/07 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
as Ive said above its the blades weak link so the upgraded one would be a better choice

[Edited on 4/9/07 by j30fos]

tks

posted on 4/9/07 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
the rectifier destoys the voltage if higher then 14volts... sow thats the reason that when taking more current from it the heat will be less.

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.