Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra rack
kastrato

posted on 23/1/08 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hello everybody.
The people that making the rack contact me again and guess what there were after? They been floated and lost my dimension!!
I re-send them the emails with the dimensions but they are not happy with the dimension B can somebody measure it again please
click on the link to see the drawing with the dimensions needed.

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s30/kastratocliosport/spares%20MK%20indy%20racing/?action=view&current=Picture.jpg

Thanks in advance guys!!

MK INDY fireblade

Jubal

posted on 23/1/08 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure what "been floated" means. However if the rack was due to you a few days ago then it must already have been built. So why do they now need the dimensions again? It sounds like you are getting a real run around.

However, if you ever get it sorted tell them to keep a record of everything because they would sell a few at that price without exchange.

kastrato

posted on 23/1/08 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
They sayed that they need the dimension B without the extension pieces because these pieces can vary.

when I say floated I mean that a lot of water gone into they workshop because of the rain. Sorry about my spelling (I am greek you see...)
I am not really sure what is going on but I am expecting that the following week the rack will be here. Just need that dimension.

MK INDY fireblade

kastrato

posted on 25/1/08 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Somebody please measure the dimension B for me without the rod extensions! Please...

MK INDY fireblade

kastrato

posted on 26/1/08 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
bump..
I still need that dimension. I am sorry if I have pissed you off by now by my insisted efford to get this dimension but you are my only hope to receive my rack before next xmass because these people need this dimension to deliver it to me.
Somebody told me is about 1000 is this acccurate?
Thanks in advance.

MK INDY fireblade

Jonte

posted on 26/1/08 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
I´ll probably have to correct my measurement. Again this is a guess as I have the extension rods mounted. But it´s 970mm to where the extension rods starts and atleast 20mm goes in on either side. So total it would be 1010mm.

But remember it´s a guess

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kastrato

posted on 26/1/08 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
thanks jonte appreciated
Anybody else which can give an accurate measurement for this dimension? If nobody else replies I would have to go with an estimate and put in danger all this wait for a part which in the end wont fit.
Thanks in advance again!

MK INDY fireblade

kastrato

posted on 30/1/08 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Guess what...
Still waiting for my rack...
I have send them the dimensions since I got back from Xmass and they asked for some more because the store was full of water because of the rain. Since them nothing happend, no replies to my emails and ofcourse no rack relivered to me.
I am goingto wait for one more week and then I am going for a refund. I mean how much more patient I need to be???

MK INDY fireblade

kastrato

posted on 1/2/08 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
still no rack and still no emails nothing...

MK INDY fireblade

Jubal

posted on 1/2/08 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kastrato
still no rack and still no emails nothing...

I think you have been more than patient. Have you asked MK to make you up a 2.4 rack? You can buy a 2.4 sierra rack from Demon Tweeks which would need shortening etc but they have them made all the time with the 2.8 so it should not be a major problem to them.

marc n

posted on 1/2/08 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Guess what...
Still waiting for my rack...
I have send them the dimensions since I got back from Xmass and they asked for some more because the store was full of water because of the rain. Since them nothing happend, no replies to my emails and ofcourse no rack relivered to me.
I am goingto wait for one more week and then I am going for a refund. I mean how much more patient I need to be???

all i can do is appologise we have been flooded three times and lost some of the building roof twice

we still haven't received any proper dimensions for the rack,
so not particularly happy sending something that is based on a guess
as in my experience it will end in disaster
i.e it wont fit

all we asked for was correct dimensions, which we still haven't received

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kastrato

posted on 1/2/08 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Who can specify the correct dimensions then?
As I mentioned since the beginning my car is 2000 miles away and even if I had my car infront of me I wouldn't be able to take the right dimensions because I would face the same problem that everybody else here is facing... We all have our exptension rods on so my guess will be an estimate aswell.
The question is, have you ever made another quick rack for an MK before? If yes use the dimensions you used the previous time.
If not then we have a problem because this thread running for more than 3 months and nobody was able to give accurate dimensions why would it be in the future?
Thanks in advance

MK INDY fireblade

Jubal

posted on 1/2/08 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kastrato
Who can specify the correct dimensions then?

MK. But do not email them. Ring if you have a question. Not having realised they didn't have accurate dimensions I think MNR's response is fair as it will end in disaster if it's not measured right.

kastrato

posted on 1/2/08 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I can understand MNR's prespective that is why I am still interested on getting this rack from them, if I wouldn't understand them I would ask for a refund long time ago.
I thought that MNR fabricating quick racks all the time including racks for MKs I did not knew that a special fabrication on individual orders is required.

MK INDY fireblade

kastrato

posted on 5/2/08 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
I asked today for a refund of my money from the quick steering rack I ordered 3 months ago and never received due to lack of dimensions.

MK INDY fireblade

Jonte

posted on 20/4/08 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
So how did it go?

Click it

kastrato

posted on 20/4/08 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry I forgot to update yes the rack is here ages ago.
I have not fit it to my car yet and I wont fit it until july I am afraid I will update then.
It looks good but I wont be able to express an opinion until I fit it.

MK INDY fireblade

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.