Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Locost Builders 'Club'
caber

posted on 19/12/07 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Who has the time to actually organise and run the paperwork side of a club? This is the difference between what we are now, a motley crew who post on a website for which some of us pay a voluntary contribution and a proper club with articles of association, subscription office holders including a treasurer and secretary to record stuff like membership and who has or has not paid, write letters to insurance companies, event organisers etc. etc. Its a lot of work and I think the most of us just want to build/ play with our cars. Chris and Fozzie have more than enough on their hands trying to keep the site running and keeping the trolls out!

It would be good though to be able as a membership to contribute in a more regular fashion for the webspace and upkeep of the site. The main problem is providing sufficient " member benefits" for people to keep paying the subscription as we need to keep the forum as open as possible to get the biggest readership and contributor base.

Mr Whippy do you fancy running a club?

Caber

locogeoff

posted on 19/12/07 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I wonder if we could borrow one of hers?

Is that where the derivation of the "kipper tie" originated

[Edited on 19/12/07 by locogeoff]

RK

posted on 21/12/07 at 03:21 AM Reply With Quote
I don't like the idea of becoming a part of any club that would have me as a member. Groucho lives...
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.