Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Welding pics 2
MrTom

posted on 11/1/08 at 06:08 AM Reply With Quote
I wrote a really long reply about why it's a good thing to take a welding class, but the page refreshed and all that work went down the drain. To summarize:

Take a welding class. It's worth WAY more than you could ever imagine. I'm going to a MIG class right now 4 days a week 4 hours a day. It is some of the best money I've ever spent. I can't stress it enough, call your local junior college and find out if they offer welding classes.

Things might be different over there but my teacher is a car guy so we're allowed to build stuff in the shop as long as we keep out of the way and don't leave a mess at night.

Also I have access to much nicer equipment than I could ever afford. I think the class came out to $175 with the $25 materials fee. With that I can use any equipment in the shop including the tubing bender and TIG machines. It's actually a full service fabrication shop. Next door is the auto shop and machine shop, where they not only have expensive CNC machines, but they teach you how to use them as well.

I've gotten a bit off my point, but learning how to weld properly is going to help you very much so down the road.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.