Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Profiled Wishbone Tubes???
Cheffy

posted on 15/10/02 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Just phoned MK to enquire about flat sided oval for front wishbones and was quoted £10 per metre. Is it just me or does that sound a tad expensive!!!

Cheers,

Cheffy.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
interestedparty

posted on 15/10/02 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
I think if you wanted lots then it would be expensive, but then you would be buying it from a steel stockholder then, wouldn't you?

It sounds to me as if MK are setting a price which has more to do with the hassle of supplying people with small amounts of the materials they use in their own business. When I used to repair guitars sometimes people would ask to buy fretwire, and I always quoted a discouragingly high price so as not to have to measure out small amounts of materials, cut them etc etc, so their price sounds reasonable to me

John

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

Liam

posted on 15/10/02 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Well I wouldn't say a tenner a metre is very reasonable considering MK sold me some about six months ago for £3 a metre. He even cut it up for me into metre lengths so we could fit it in my mates Locost. I know I'm special, and I was also buying poly bushes and bush tubes, and I went to pick it all up, but back then he was just passing on the oval tube for about what he paid for it.

Seems now that maybe he's getting a fair bit of demand for his oval tube and decided he could make a few bucks supplying it. Nothing wrong with that, but at that price I reckon surely you would be better off going to a local stockholders, even if you have to buy a bit more than you need.

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Cheffy

posted on 15/10/02 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Liam,

Have been phoning round this afternoon and only found two stockholders who do it so far. One had a minimum order value of £80 and the other was £100. Tried Gardener Steels (mentioned earlier in this forum) and they don't do it anymore. Anyone got any idea's?

Thanks,

Cheffy.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

James

posted on 15/10/02 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Cheefy wrote:
quote:
Anyone got any idea's?

Buy £80 worth and sell it to the rest of us?
I'd buy some for the right price!

Cheers,

James

Cheffy

posted on 15/10/02 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, that thought had occured to me. If no one knows where we can get small amounts I'll phone them back and find out the exact price. If the price is right would anyone else be interested? I'm in Oxfordshire. Anyone wanting some could either pick it up from me or I'd be happy to look into sending it via courier if it's feasible.

Cheers,

Cheffy.

theconrodkid

posted on 15/10/02 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
ill have some
Cheffy

posted on 15/10/02 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
I'll check it out tomorrow and post the price. Once we know what we're looking at I can find out exactly who wants what. Once there's enough of us I'll get it ordered.

Cheers,

Cheffy

Cheffy

posted on 16/10/02 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Bingo!!! Just ordered 5x6 metre lengths of 30x15x1.5mm flat sided oval. Should be here middle of next week. £13 a length. Anybody interested e-mail me at martin@frost21.freeserve.co.uk or tel. 07720 578548.

Cheers

Cheffy

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.