Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Am I being unrealistic?
simoto

posted on 4/7/08 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
Surely if your after a seven then thrills is the name of the game.
I myself am a recovering bike racing addict and the notion of any extra weight or concessions to comfort is unthinkable.
Get the stripped out super trick rice rocket and a diesel fiesta.
As for a v8, I think its laughable in the application really.
Go to a hillclimb sometime and watch the becs there, I did and saw the light immediatly.
Think about all the tax loopholes that may be available in the future with weight and capacity being banding favourites.
If you want a car engine, just get a car!
Leccy reverse wont weigh a lot if you must and most ive seen advertised do have it.
No roof though please, its criminal to take these cars on salty shitty brit roads in the wet and you will be lucky if it doesnt desolve in't garage overnight.
Anyone who has a bike will know from bitter experience the level of filth that coats warm machinery even after a short ride in the wet. All that alu will turn to grey fur in front of your eyes mate.

BEC its the future..............well, for me anyway

striker/blade now complete, thanks to all on this site.

YQUSTA

posted on 4/7/08 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
well heres the thing i am changing my company car and as the new policy is well rubish at best i decided that now was the time for some real driving fun so ......

i decided to go with a very low tax bracket sub 120mg company car which tbh wont be fun at all....

then i want the kit for use when im not at work.
i dont want to just go out in good weather as we all know that is rare as rocking horse u know what.

i really cant see my wife sitting there with water proofs and a helmet on (shame i know, what a quiet life it would be) so a roof is esential.

hobzy

posted on 4/7/08 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
TBH if its p*ssing down, she isnt going to want to go out in it with the wet weather top on either - visibility isnt exactly fantastic and she will get soaked getting in and out. I am about to join this mad fraternity picking up an MK indy R1 on sunday - no real windscreen, no roof and its going to wee down on my journey back down pretty much the whole country. I figure that if I still have a stupid grin on my face when I finally get home then I will have made the right choice.

BTW the car is within your price bracket too, so they are about. No reverse but there are plenty of kits out there to do it and as car mods go (coming from spending loads on my last "normal" road car) its not really mega bucks to do.

I have found the difficulty is not knowing what to be looking for as every car is so different. Ask the mob on here though - a great wealth of honest knowledge.

YQUSTA

posted on 4/7/08 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
lol hobzy hope you have a good trip and im sure whatever the weather you will have a grin on your face like a cheshire cat when you get home i know i would.

like 1 of the other guys mentioned this looks a good buy and will leave me enough to do some work on it to get it how i would like.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/374699.htm

the problem i have atm is my work load just went crazy and getting to see it may be a problem but i will have to try my best.

any1 have any comments to make about the above car they r all welcome

another 2 found on the bay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MK-Indy-R1_W0QQitemZ320270751197QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320270751197&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l13 08

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/westfield-megablade-replica-kitcar-kit-car-no-swap_W0QQitemZ260258828778QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260258828778&_trkparms=39%3A 1%7C65%3A10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

[Edited on 5/7/08 by YQUSTA]

[Edited on 5/7/08 by YQUSTA]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.