Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: RGB car for sale, do you know it?
the_fbi

posted on 24/7/08 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bobbus
Sorry, one last thing - you guys might be interested in a video I finally got around to posting the other day. It's of a race at Brands from the middle of last season (as you can clearly see Gordon is not a second a lap quicker than me!) I'd advise watching to the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ymVSFOO9g

Great race, be interesting to see a rear camera view too, or a video from the following car.

Great shame about the ending.

Bobbus

posted on 24/7/08 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think I even got as far as 'Oh', at the time I didn't actually know whether I was still on the throttle or on the brakes when the impact came. During the repairs it was spotted that the brake pedal was bent - it seems I was on the brakes after all!

A rear facing camera would have helped, but Gordon was alongside for half the lap for most laps so cameras either side would be needed as well... Can't win.

Tim - Round 1 at Mallory was quite disappointing. Qualified okay, but didn't want to push too hard (first day back, didn't want to bin it straight away!). Pulling out of the pits to form on the grid the car was making some very interesting noises (like a machine gun every time I touched the throttle) and not accelerating very well at all. The only options I had were to form up on the grid and hope for the best, or pull off and call it a day. I decided it would be okay, fingers crossed I could get off the line without anyone running into the back of me. I got off the line much better than I thought I could and stayed in second. Unfortunately something went wrong further down the field and the race was red flagged. So I had to try and get off the line again! You can see what happens in the race by following the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCC0gh_PKE0

Unfortunately it's not a very exciting race, but you'll be able to see why I wasn't so quick. Still managed to get under the existing lap record even with the problem, as you could imagine I think the race result would have been quite different had the problem not occurred.

Bobbus

posted on 6/8/08 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Obviously I've got too much time on my hands at the moment, as I've found the time to upload another RGB video. This one is from Cadwell Park, in the wet. I wasn't looking forward to this race as my first time in the wet was at Thruxton the year before and I managed to spin on the first lap and generally didn't have a good time. As you can see by the video I didn't have it easy, Martin Brookes is incredible in the wet and along with the usual problems with the visor fogging up, etc my visor decided it had had enough and tried to make a bid for freedom leaving me with zero visibility and very sore eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZreCUfb-c

Hope you all enjoy.

Rob.

frodo_monkey

posted on 25/8/08 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Its not for sale anymore!

Hi all,

Just a quick one to introduce myself - I've just bought the subject Locoblade! It won't be out in RGB, but I will be doing the RAF Motorsports Association Race Challenge in it as well as some other races. I'm a navigator in the RAF, based up in North Yorkshire about 10 mins from Croft. I've raced for about 3 years in a 205 GTi that I've just sold to buy the 'blade...

Talking of which, here is a few pics of what she looks like now:

Current plans involve 5 races this season (including 3 in a weekend, in a fortnights time at Cadwell Park), then a winter rebuild to give her a general tidy up - she is mostly a bit dirty and tired at the mo. I'll then think about an LSD, and possibly upgrading to Wilwood brakes all round (and replacing the offside rear wing and odd lights, obviously!). Oh yes, and I'll knoxk out the big dent in the rear

Thats about it for now, hope to be an active member on the forum! Sorry in advance for all the inane questions I'm bound to ask

Regards,

Frodo

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.