Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: THE END IS NIGH Saturday to be precise
iank

posted on 7/8/08 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Strangelets are a more interesting possibility for disaster, though theoretically if it were possible for the ice-9 scenario to occur it would have already happened. Though if they really are what makes up dark matter....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangelet

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

JEPY

posted on 7/8/08 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't worry, one of my mates was working on some of the smaller components right in the centre of one of those large machines...

Without wanting to do him an injustice (but I'm going to anyway!) if they ever worked I'd be extremely surprised He was always a bit of a bodge-it merchant.

Hang on, that might be worse... maybe if it worked properly there would be no change of an explosion, but if he's bodged some vital bits....

Oh well, I'll just do what Arthur Dent did when the world was about to end.. drink beer!

J

woodster

posted on 7/8/08 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
if indeed its the end of the world when they switch that thing on my money is on Whippy posting the last post on here....... not that any of us will be around to see it

[Edited on 7/8/08 by woodster]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.