Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Thats me finished...
Flamez

posted on 17/8/08 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear of your crash, but out of interest what tyres were you on, I was always fancying toyo R888's but others are warning me that they break away with no warning, ie are very sticky in the dry but when they let go, then they really let go.

Any comments..

Richard Quinn

posted on 17/8/08 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
It could've been a lot worse and at least you're ok. Is there anyone local who could pop around to have an objective look at the damage? It always looks worse to the one who has shed all the blood, sweat and tears. Don't assume that it will need a new chassis, you'd be amazed at what can be chopped out and replaced in-situ! If need be, drop Matt at ProComp a U2U. I've seen some of the Locosts and Kits that he's fixed after some significant "racing incidents" so he may be able to help.
Robert Ryan

posted on 17/8/08 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
gutted

Feel for you steve.

Today the club had arranged a run out, meeting up with steve and another 7/8 cars. I had just rung everyone as we had called it off due to the weather.
Just switched th computer on and seen the MNR reg,
gutted.

clairetoo

posted on 17/8/08 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

bilbo

posted on 17/8/08 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote

Steve, as everyone has said, the most important thing is you're OK.

Give it a few days, then look at the car again and decide what you want to do. Don't give it up just yet. Even a new chassis is not the end of the world.

I think I speak for most of us on here in saying that if you need any help for anything to get you back up and running (and I mean anything), just give us a shout.

Bill

---------------------------------------

Build Diary: http://bills-locost.blogspot.com/
Web Site: http://locost.atspace.com

djmnr

posted on 17/8/08 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
bad luck.. glad your ok
GregMcN

posted on 17/8/08 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Glad you are OK Steve.

As everyone has said give it a bit of time and see what the options are, it might not be as bad as you think.

Greg

RichardK

posted on 17/8/08 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Like has been sad many times, glad you're ok and hopefully this won't be the end for Steve and the 7.

Stick it away for a while, get the insurance assessor round see what he says, obviously they will want to pay you to fix it as you know the car inside out and will be able to repair it quicker than anybody else on an hourly basis but more importantly to the customers satisfaction!

Failing that supply a load of burgers and booze when the weather forcast is good and have a strip down party! I reckon you'll get a few good kind souls round to give you a hand.

I know you'll be a bit pi55ed off at the moment which maybe a bit of an understatement but you'll get it sorted eventually.

Keep your pecker up mate

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DavidW

posted on 17/8/08 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to see this. Your posts and blog have been inspiration for me.

I hope you see the light and rebuild it. Think of all the learning you now have at your disposal.

David

Lee MacPherson

posted on 17/8/08 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about your car, glad you are OK,
iain b

posted on 17/8/08 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
chin up

i was the driver in the ditch at ripon.the cars are a lot tougher than u think.just 3.5 days work new wishbones,cycle wings and a full body tub and i was back on the road.got lots of support from cris/marc (mnr)and the car was back on the show stand at peterborough.this is your chance to change any little faults you may have had,mine is a better car for it. " just need to learn to drive now"
hobzy

posted on 17/8/08 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Gutted for you, but stick with it...

richardh

posted on 18/8/08 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
really sorry to hear about that mate.
As long as you are ok then it's only a bit of metal and plastic at the end of the day...
take some time out and then review. Don't forget in the dry these things are awesome.............................

marc n

posted on 18/8/08 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
what a shame as others have said main thing is your ok

best bet is to get the car down to us so we can check and see what the damage actually is, ( insurance company will probably require us to look at it anyway as most insurance accessors are not familiar with this type of car ) and you have to walk them through all the parts etc

its often the case that it looks far worse than it actually is,

rest assured we will do all we can to get you back on the road again asap

as ian said its now a second chance to sort any niggles / and get any engine issues sorted

best regards

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mackei23b

posted on 18/8/08 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Really sorry to hear this. Glad that you are OK. As above, take some time out and then decide on what you want to do and put it down to a learning experience. You are not alone and don't be too hard on yourself, it's happened to many of us, we all make mistakes.

As Marc says, may not be as bad as it looks, it can all be mended and you can have your pride and joy back in one piece again, as good or better than before.

Cheers

Ian

[Edited on 18/8/08 by mackei23b]

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 18/8/08 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve,

Very sorry to hear the bad news. Fence wrecker has stuffed his (or had it stuffed to be more acurate) a couple of times (hence the username). But there is always a silver lining. His last one was written off and he is now building a shiny new MX5 RT+ inboard!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll soon have it sorted!

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

Gergely

posted on 18/8/08 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
What a shame! But don't even think about giving up! 4 weeks on the road is nothing. You have been to a track day, you know how good the car is, you know you want to experience it again in safe circumstances! Come on Steve, your blog has inspired many of us, don't just finish it here!
Gergely

roadboy

posted on 18/8/08 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Glad your OK Steve, if you need any help give me a call.
Best Regds
Ian

Jude Performance Services

Fencewrecker

posted on 18/8/08 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to see the pictures and at least you walked away, but as they have been saying in the posts,nows the chance to make it better, faster, etc. my SWMBO said about my last one the night of the accident, "Its been bent 2 times now, so sell it!! Then build a new one."
So hence the MX5 version, by the way the next day she told me she was "pregnant". So I now have a baby daughter and an MNR project and no time.

Dave

skippad

posted on 18/8/08 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
I've just found out Steve. Gutted for you.
Don't give up, fix it, you know it makes sense.
But the main thing is you were'nt injured!
Dave

bassett

posted on 18/8/08 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Real sorry for you steve seeing as youve only had it on the road a bit. From following the blog start to now it was one of the cars that probably helped me on the way to getting an MNR. Was a real nice car and given some time give Marc's option a go.
Adam

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

Hound Dog

posted on 18/8/08 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell!

Kris just called me. Glad you're okay.

Krismc

posted on 18/8/08 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Yea mate gutted for you i just heard, only yesterday hounddog was commenting on a nice build, i didnt even see your car in the flesh yet!!

hope its better once marc has fettled it back into shape for you, if you need a trailer let me know.

[Edited on 18/8/08 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

DarrenW

posted on 19/8/08 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Steve,

Ive only just heard about your off. Pleased to hear you are well. Car doesnt look too bad from the pics.

Will the drivers seat clean OK or is it stained?????

Let me know if you need any help. Fingers crossed for speedy recovery. Im guessing your biggest hurdle now will be convincing your good lady. My fingers are crossed.

richardh

posted on 21/8/08 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
what tyres you got again?
guy in aus raced his on slicks in rain (earlier thread) http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=94309

have you got over the shock yet?
can you get it to Marc?
Hope you get it on the road again really soon.....

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.