Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WARNING - BAD LANGUAGE ABOUT SORN - READ
MikeR

posted on 9/1/04 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
cough.....

15 days plus 2 days leeway.

posting for them counts as having served it so if it gets lost in the post - tough.

After that they have 2 years to actually prosecute you, but their is some rule about 6 months i can't remember.

hmmmm, perhaps i read up more than i realised.

Kitlooney1000

posted on 9/1/04 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
non doner route

i took the non doner route, the q plate didnt really bother me. I'm glad i took that route now these new legislations have come in. of course it was planned that way ( yeh right). just happened to come across the right parts at the right price at the right time
malcolmstoddart

posted on 12/1/04 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
girlfriend got caught speeding - fair enough..sent documents etc away...then got caught again (I know...) but before the documents got back, so when she recieved them and sent them in for the second time they were late and forwarded to the proculator fiscal (judge) they were late arriving there...and apparently they cant do anything if it is their own fault for documents arriving late...and guess who got caught speeding again....
greggors84

posted on 15/1/04 at 02:17 AM Reply With Quote
I had a letter waiting for me when i got back from uni at christmas, i have a feeling that the previous owner had reclaimed the tax that was left on it the day after i bought it as it said the tax ran out the day after i registered it. I had recieved no reminder asking to renew the tax or declare sorn. Unfourtunately i only had 4 days to pay the money before it went up.

So i didnt have time to write a letter send it and get a response, im sure it wuold have taken a week for someone to read it there, so i just sent the money to save the hassle and extra cost. I wouldnt know about SORN if it wasnt for this forum, and i still didnt really know what you had to do hence gettin done over by the DVLA.

On the subject of police fines, i heard on capital the other day that a bloke got a £30 on the spot fine for eating a sausage roll while driving, the bloke said that he would have had his hands off the wheel longer had he been changing gear! In the same news police reported that gun crime was on the up, doesnt take an genius to see that the police have their priorites wrong at the moment.

[Edited on 16/1/04 by greggors84]

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

8smokingbarrels

posted on 18/1/04 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm- since we're swapping 'jobs-worth' stories...

My favourite is the time I got my car tax returned to me because it was 50p short! The irony that it cost half this in postage to send it back to me and another 25p for me to send them a cheque for the correct amount was, of course, entirely lost on the DVLA

you WILL respect our authority!

chris

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.