Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Motorcycle headlights
MK9R

posted on 19/1/04 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
i took the hole out of a polo, but it was bloody useless!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 19/1/04 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
on a slightly different tack, an old friend tried making a menthol cig out of a b&h and a packet of polos. nearly swallowed the damn thing! sucked it into his mouth by accident...

no help there then

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

AvonBelgium

posted on 19/1/04 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Square DAX headlights are from a late Citroen 2 pk.
ady8077

posted on 19/1/04 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dave

I'm a bit late into the chat but they look like the headlight fitted to the Malone Skunk, they fit them both ways, have a look at http://www.malonecar.com/

Hope this helps

Adrian

MK9R

posted on 20/1/04 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hvae you tried to get the citreon lights??? The words poo, horse and rocking spring to mind

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mk-Ninja

posted on 20/1/04 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
I can echo that Ive tried all the citreon spares places. even went to the NEC auto jumble last weekend and spoke to the sellers down there. They recon theres more chance of Nelson finding his eye.
The other option is Dax but there out of stock and I'd have to double my mortgage.

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

AvonBelgium

posted on 20/1/04 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
In Belgium there is no problem to find these.
Try this link http://interactief.2cv.nl/

Mk-Ninja

posted on 20/1/04 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
AvonBelgium. Thanks for the link but unfortunatly by Belgium is slightly worse than my English.
(ie non existant). Could you have a look to see the price for a pair of citreon 2cv square type headlight assemblies. Do you think they would ship to England.

Thanks Gordon

Mk-Ninja

posted on 20/1/04 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Just thought of a problem. The dip will be the wrong way for the UK., unless they do a uk version

MK9R

posted on 20/1/04 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Aren't the lights off a diana rather than a 2cv?? I would be very interested in getting a set.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

Mk-Ninja

posted on 20/1/04 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
I think they must have fitted them to both the diana and the 2cv at some stage. I was told that they fitted them just for specific years.

Gordon

eddymcclements

posted on 21/1/04 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
The 1979 2CV had rectangular headlights (don't ask me how I know - it's too embarassing!), but the Dyane had lights built into the front wings so they're no good.

Eddy

Steve @ sVc

posted on 26/1/04 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Motorcycle Headlights

Hi - I'm Steve Taylor from sVc - Stafford Vehicle Components.
We make 7" & 5 3/4" freestanding headlights.
I have been looking for smaller lenses that are SVA compliant for some 3 years. Each time a supplier visits I ask them to search for such a lens unit. No luck so far - unless you are working on a motor cycle!
Motorbike lights that move with the front wheel steering dip down centrally - not to the left or right. To check, look at the lens & see if the pattern is symmetrical. These should not pass SVA or Mot.
A challenge – If anybody can find a lens, smaller than 5 ¾, with main beam, dip and side lights Left dipping & Road legal,we will tool a housing for it.

The GTS lights were on show at Exeter last November as “E marked". They are, but it’s a German spec and for motorbikes.

I have seen a number of track cars with smaller lights, some of which are driven on the roads, however we sold a pair of 5 ¾ lights to a customer recently after his Mot tester told him his smaller light were not legal and could invalidate his insurance!
Hope this helps
Regards
Steve @ sVc

Mk-Ninja

posted on 26/1/04 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info Steve. What about the posibility of sourcing a Rectangular light as were fitted to the 2CV.

Thanks Gordon

Steve @ sVc

posted on 26/1/04 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Gordon,
The 2CV lights are getting very scarce, but are available - generally from scrap-yards.
The ones I have seen are designed to use a VERY strange UEC bulb. These were introduced by French companies after an international meeting of car makers and light makers had agreed on a new bulb range - now known as the H!, H4 & H7 types. Some “Continental” companies went home and designed the UEC type. This is not available in halogen so the light output is poor. Lenses are getting difficult, as the 2CV is not generally used now except to be made into any of a range of 3 & 4 wheeled kit cars.
If you want square light – and they are nice on the front of a 7, this could be a way to go. However it will look – to those who know, like 2CV lights!
We do not offer square lights as out brass bodies are made by pressing & spinning – difficult to do if not round.
Dax used a Renault lens for their square lights, but those are difficult to source now.

Regards

Steve @ sVc

Mk-Ninja

posted on 26/1/04 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Steve, I have tried various suppliers for 2CVs to no availe. I would like to put Square / Rectangular lights on the front, as you say they do look right. If you read the thread above you will see that Austen is thretening to make some, but if he dosnt Im sure it would be quite a lucrative business, Ive spoken to quite a few people who have all said they would like them if you could find them.

Speak to you soon Gordon

DaveFJ

posted on 27/1/04 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Steve @sVc

have looked at the link to the 'Malone Skunk' ?

very small lights....

I have been trying to contact the company to find out where they source them but have had no reply yet

you may have more luck....

And if you ever do find a supplier i will be at the front of the que....

Cheers

Dave

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

timf

posted on 27/1/04 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
small square lights

look at mk1 fiesta and make a backing bowl for it ?

locoboy

posted on 27/1/04 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
give me an hour or so and i may have something for those rectangular light lovers out there.

Just going out to our other site but making a minor detour en route!

ATB
Locoboy

locoboy

posted on 27/1/04 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
here we go, anyone interested, got the numbers off the lense at home.

the availablility on the shells should be reasonable, im led to beleive they are 2cv lights? not sure though.
Headlight front
Headlight front

headlight below
headlight below

Headlight and cover above
Headlight and cover above

[Edited on 27/1/04 by colmaccoll]

ATB
Locoboy

Mk-Ninja

posted on 28/1/04 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Looks promising. Send me some details please.

Gordon

MK9R

posted on 28/1/04 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
How many sets of these have you got??

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

Mk-Ninja

posted on 28/1/04 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Col you have U2U

Steve @ sVc

posted on 28/1/04 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
protofj
Skunk - yes I've spoken to them a number of times at the Exeter show. Incidentley I've seen the cars in the USA & they have the very same lights there!

They are under bumper fog lights. When I chatted with them , 3 wheelers didn't go thru SVA and they were Moted as Trikes, so it was a very grey area.
This type of light has been tried on track cars (4 wheels!) and has lead to failure @ SVA at least 3 times that we know of - we supplied the replacement lights.

macspeedy

posted on 1/2/04 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
I asked ultralite a while ago and was redirected to there supplier pilot lighting as you said it is a grey area but maybe someone on here can shed some 'light' on these

http://www.pilotautomotive.com/pilot2ae4.htm

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.