Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: nabbed by the Po po
Simon

posted on 24/3/14 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
I'd like to criticise the op but having broken the odd limit - we all do a bit of speeding, figure it wouldn't be right given the road etc. Got to admit though, now we are seeing 50 replace the GLF's, I'm speeding more. But not in 30's/40's.

Anyway, "he who throws the first stone" and all that.

As for advice for op, buy a classic Mini and thrash the living day lights out of it, knowing that you'll probably never be going more than about 50 mph Or buy some old dog that you won't mind them crushing.

ATB

Simon

austin man

posted on 24/3/14 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
sell the car to your wife they cant crush it then if you driving someone elses car

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

ST_eely

posted on 24/3/14 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
I'd like to criticise the op but having broken the odd limit - we all do a bit of speeding, figure it wouldn't be right given the road etc. Got to admit though, now we are seeing 50 replace the GLF's, I'm speeding more. But not in 30's/40's.

Anyway, "he who throws the first stone" and all that.

As for advice for op, buy a classic Mini and thrash the living day lights out of it, knowing that you'll probably never be going more than about 50 mph Or buy some old dog that you won't mind them crushing.

ATB

Simon

Thanks for the advice Simon, I agree that too many roads are being "dumbed down".
I always stick to the limits in 30 / 40 zones because I know the risks of having someone or something run out are considerably higher.
TBH, I don't find the locost that quick of a car, its just the nature of it that I enjoy. I just find that being that exposed, low to the ground, open top and the noise it makes is what sometimes makes it a bit naughty. I have a remapped ST that would leave the 7 standing but I tend to drive it like an old man as it just doesn't have the same effect as the locost.
Id love to be able to track the 7 as people keep stating, but the nearest decent track for me is over 120 miles away and it isn't going to be a cheap hobby when you factor in all the costs per track day.

Simon

posted on 24/3/14 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Alternatively, buy a mountain bike (if you don't already ) - get most of my thrills on that now (and get fitter at the same time)

Also just bought a road bike, but that's for the tri I've entered!

ATB

Simon

ST_eely

posted on 24/3/14 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Alternatively, buy a mountain bike (if you don't already ) - get most of my thrills on that now (and get fitter at the same time)

Also just bought a road bike, but that's for the tri I've entered!

ATB

Simon

Too late Simon, been mountain biking for the last 4 years!! Got myself a nice AM full sus :-)
I agree, I seem to get most enjoyment these days from traveling 25mph down a soaking wet trail with tree stumps & rocks perilously whizzing by close to my shins these days. , its great banter with the lads and considering how easy you can hurt yourself, its a different kind of risk / buzz from getting your kicks on tarmac.
Still not giving up the petrol toys though so forget it!

splitrivet

posted on 25/3/14 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ST_eely
quote:
Originally posted by Sam_68
quote:
Originally posted by onenastyviper
Let me put it like this - would you be happy and comfortable if everyone else was given the same level of freedom to "exercise personal judgement" ?

What a truly odd question - Yes, of course I would!

I'm slightly bemused that you might think me so arrogant and conceited as to suggest that there should be one law for myself and another for 'everyone else'. I don't consider myself anything special either in terms of my driving ability or my personal judgement. Quite the reverse: that's why I'm quite happy that the vast majority of the driving public could be allowed similar latitude to that I've given myself over the years, without it bringing down motoring Armageddon upon us all.

quote:
Originally posted by splitrivet
My point isn't really the undertaking... or breaking the speed limit. I've done both... Its coming on here and saying that you've done it and saying you've had the misfortune to be caught doing it.

Dafter than demonstrating your hypocrisy by coming on here admitting that you've done both whilst berating others for doing them, would you say?

haha, good point Sam!
I thought the whole point of these forums was to share stories /have the general craic / share build info.
I didn't come on to boast about being caught speeding, I was merely sharing my story Bob. You seem to have the opinion that anyone who doesn't abide to the last letter of the law is some sort of raging mentalist road vigilante! I'm no angel behind the wheel or bars, but Id like to believe that I'm not the only one who has had that "moment" when you thought "f*ck it" and pushed the loud pedal with a massive grin for a short blast, or am I..?

No what I am saying is I might have Fecking done it but I'm not shouting my fecking mouth about it.
Cheers,
Bob

And Chill

[Edited on 25/3/14 by splitrivet]

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

Sam_68

posted on 25/3/14 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by splitrivet

And Chill

We arechilled, Bro.

We're not the ones who came on the thread talking about people deserving to be kicked in the balls, or hunting them down vigilante stylee.

splitrivet

posted on 25/3/14 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hey whoa, not me saying anything about hunting anyone down.
Cheers,
Bob

[Edited on 25/3/14 by splitrivet]

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.