Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PPC Day @ Blyton: Friday 28th March
daniel mason

posted on 30/3/14 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
then i run out of tyres
the car is not a circuit racer and i only came along to get some time behind the wheel before the sprinting starts! wont be doing anymore track days from now on.
not fancy getting a race licence and doing a few events with me this year? will be great fun

yellowcab

posted on 30/3/14 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
I already have a race licence - just needs renewing

Sounds like a plan - especially now I feel my car is somewhere where it needs to be…. I need a little competition in my life lol

Tell me, your 66-69second laps, were they full laps? or sprint circuit laps?

unijacko67

posted on 30/3/14 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Did anyone see what happened regarding me getting waved off the track after my last session late on in the day. The car apparently created a huge smoke screen and I'm trying to decide what created it. I have an adapted baffled sump which holds an extra 1.5 ltrs of oil than standard and think either under braking or hard cornering the oil has got over the baffle and caught between windage tray and pistons and been forced up past the rings or excessive oil has ended up in the head and been sucked through the breather and into the inlet. Some of the s2000 chaps with standard baffled sumps state to not over fill and keep the oil level in the middle of the dipstick marks, I've been running mine full so I hope this was the problem.

Did it look a bit like this clip I've found.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 30/3/14 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
my only footage i still have on my camera (didnt really use it) was a (slow) standing start without a launch,on my first ever laps on the slicks. standing start to apex of the last corner was 69 secs but i could have pushed a lot harder and had a launching start which would comfortably shave a few seconds off that!
my rolling lap i had to time from apex t1 (on first lap) to apex t1 on lap 2 which again was relatively comfortable. just over 69 secs
later in the day especially the last run when you were with adi and john i was pushing very very hard (when i got used to the car/tyre) as i could see john way in the distance. completely flat from bunga bunga to last corner and the guys stood on the banking said i was gaining quickly until i ran out of juice! great day and some great driving. i should take more footage like you do so i have better reference points but like i say.on the sprints the time on the clock will do the talking then we dont have to
let me know if interested and i can give you calender dates and events. theres a good weekend hillclimb at olivers mount in may if you fancy it?

yellowcab

posted on 30/3/14 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
The final tussle of the day between Me, Jon Ison & Adi Thorp…

First lap was with Jon hunting me down - and pushed me to do a 1:09.000s (cheers pal)
Then Jon went in front to show me how it was done
Then Adi joined in the fun towards the end.

Quality for some reason not so good, but good enough to see whats going on, and the speed & gear I'm in

Enjoy - possibly the best video of them all… (I encourage you to watch it to the end… eh Adi…)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so_i3ZaEtHY

daniel mason

posted on 30/3/14 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
yes andrew but not as bad as that clip!

Andy D

posted on 30/3/14 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
He he! I bet the skid marks weren't just on the road!
hillbillyracer

posted on 30/3/14 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'm a little late to this thread, but would just like to add my thanks to everyone (not least Frank & the staff at Blyton) for a great day, it was all that has been said in this thread. A long trek for us beyond Carlisle but worth it, we were the scruffy red Astra being pushed a little harder than it's tyres were happy with!
Mods to suspension & brakes proved worthwhile & the car came home in good order except a tiny coolant leak which forced us to mis our last run out.

adithorp

posted on 30/3/14 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
He he! I bet the skid marks weren't just on the road!

Kept it on the black stuff... can't see an issue.

Note to self, don't pootle around all day not pushing, then expect to stay with Jon who's been "on it" (as usual) all day. I've 360'd it there before now... so I'm improving

Ollie, that vid' really shows the difference in my longer gearing and higher rev range. I'm in second to start the lap, can even use 1st if I want to play silly buggers (though the new engine is spinning up the rears in 2nd... easily). I think I'm back to second for both the chicanes as well.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

yellowcab

posted on 30/3/14 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Glad you liked the video was a good day all told.

Just uploading my Blyton-Bloopers now

You'll notice a reoccurring theme:

> My car is setup for a driver only, passengers unbalance the car (Chapter 3, Page 14)
> I couldn't get to grips with Bishops, until Sir Ison shown me how (Chapter 1, Page 1)
> Cold tyres don't like heavy braking (Chapter 7, Page 43)

yellowcab

posted on 30/3/14 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
So here we have 'yellowcabs Blyton Bloopers'…

Starring rdodger, femster87, unijacko67's wife, daughter & son in law, daveb666, Jon Ison

Change quality to 1080p & enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Yfvbi26e0

yellowcab

posted on 30/3/14 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
On board with Jon Ison… Olly now needs more powahhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMdfgwx6hsY

Nickp

posted on 30/3/14 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
let me know if interested and i can give you calender dates and events. theres a good weekend hillclimb at olivers mount in may if you fancy it?

Dan, Olivers Mnt is my home circuit (been a Scarboro boy), used to race round there as a 17yr old in my Mini. Which weekend is it? Might be able to come along and even provide accommodation in the form of Da Scheissewagen

me!

posted on 30/3/14 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
You boys don't hang about! Looks like fun, and like you've done a good job with the Indy Olly. I remember seeing video when you first got it handling like a greased eel!
daniel mason

posted on 30/3/14 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Saturday 3rd and sunday 4th may nick. my first ever hillclimb so not expecting much! pop down and say hello if you want

Nickp

posted on 30/3/14 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
Saturday 3rd and sunday 4th may nick. my first ever hillclimb so not expecting much! pop down and say hello if you want

Ta Dan, might make a weekend of it. Will let you know. You planning on kipping in the car mate?

ken walton

posted on 30/3/14 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Blyton track day

Thanks Frank for organising the track day. i brought my family for a days fun in my superlight darkart (the red one with union jack on it ) they all had a great day going around. Great friendly bunch thanks to all
daniel mason

posted on 30/3/14 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
either car or tent nick. either way ill be on site with a few mates all weekend

carpmart

posted on 31/3/14 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ken walton
Thanks Frank for organising the track day. i brought my family for a days fun in my superlight darkart (the red one with union jack on it ) they all had a great day going around. Great friendly bunch thanks to all

Ken - you've made it onto Locostbuilders site, well done and not before time!!!!!!!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

carpmart

posted on 31/3/14 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ken walton

Ken - you've made it onto Locostbuilders site, well done and not before time!!!!!!!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Oddified

posted on 31/3/14 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
A few days behind everyone else, but yes what a great day of fun!. I'd never been to Blyton park before but i'll be back in the future

Ian

yellowcab

posted on 1/4/14 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Someone else must have more video footage / GoPro screen grabs / photos from Nick @ Xtreme that they'd like to share?!

C'mon - don't be shy - Daniel Mason, I wanna see your footage

daniel mason

posted on 1/4/14 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I cant find my usb to upload it.although ive only got a couple of slowish laps of footage. a 1.09 out lap and a 1.10 carving through traffic. I have viewed it on my gopro lcd back pack a few times but that's it!

yellowcab

posted on 1/4/14 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Slowish laps, 1m 09s, nice. lol

That was my fastest lol

daniel mason

posted on 1/4/14 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
id have not got close on the hard Michelins fron the previous time we were there. the avons were so much better

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.