Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Digital Dash , group buy !
rwdmini

posted on 14/3/06 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
last group buy order was placed this morning ... i will be getting more stock in , but will sell them from my stock so no waiting , will cost a little more , but still allot cheaper than anyone else.

will let you know details soon.

thanks for shopping with me.

ps . 4 light cluster , they are looking into it , they do make them , just sorting that out.

craig1410

posted on 14/3/06 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Matt,
I received my dash yesterday so thanks for that. It's a nicely designed bit of kit for sure! Unfortunately the nice build quality and design would make it awkward to modify to accommodate extra lights as discussed previously.

On the 4 light clusters, I would be very interested in swapping my existing 3 light clusters for a pair of 4 light clusters if that was possible. I would accept some extra cost for this too as long as it wasn't too steep.

Ideally, to comply with SVA requirements for a car we would need:

1. Left Indicator tell-tale
2. Right Indicator tell-tale
3. Hazard warning light (not essential for me as I have a Sierra column and it has a light/button combined)
4. Oil Pressure Warning Light (not ess. for SVA)
5. Headlight Main Beam light
6. Fog light tell-tale
7. Alternator Charge light
8. Brake Fluid Level / Handbrake light

Obviously 1-5 are already present on the 3853 but 6, 7 and 8 are missing and I believe all of these are necessary for SVA requirements. I don't have the SVA manual to hand to check but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Let us know what you can arrange.
Thanks,
Craig.

flak monkey

posted on 14/3/06 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
An alternator charge light isnt an SVA requirment, but its handy.

You dont actually need a Hazard warning light either, assuming the indicator tell talle lights when the hazards are on.

Now you know why I stuck with a basic model and seperate bright6 module To be honest I didnt know of the complications of the higher models, and I already had a bright6. And its the way I would recommend for others to go. Which i think I did mention earlier in the thread....

David

[Edited on 14/3/06 by flak monkey]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

craig1410

posted on 14/3/06 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
David,
Yes I know what you are saying but I would prefer to have everything together if possible in one unit which is why I went for the 3853. Regarding the alternator charge light, I interpreted your earlier posting, where you said it was required, to mean that it was required for SVA. Sorry for the confusion.

On another subject, is anyone planning to mount their dash on the steering wheel itself? I'm not sure if the cabling would be a problem when the wheel turns or not and I guess there would be a bunch of SVA complications but I thought I'd ask anyway. I'll probably end up mounting mine just behind and above the steering wheel in the usual place.

Cheers,
Craig.

the_fbi

posted on 14/3/06 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
I'll probably end up mounting mine just behind and above the steering wheel in the usual place.

And you'll update this thread with pics when you do, please

rwdmini

posted on 15/3/06 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
For the people that missed the group buy ,all the dashes are available now through my online shop : http://www.16vminishop.co.uk

thanks

Matt

TPG

posted on 21/3/06 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Matt.

Top stuff me dear.Landed today.It seems that just like everyone else on here,Matt is a fine Person to deal with.Thanks

..Which was nice..

the_fbi

posted on 26/3/06 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rwdmini
ps . 4 light cluster , they are looking into it , they do make them , just sorting that out.

Any news on these?
Found out the 3808 uses the 8 LED surround we need.

16vmini

posted on 5/4/06 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
just for intrest , i have had no luck on those 4 light cluster , but they have started doing a 8 light dash , with a temparture gauge ! the 3915 :

got them on my shop : http://www.16vminishop.co.uk , afraid i have been told by the supplier to adjust my prices to the RRP , so cant offer any deals at the moment.

thanks

Matt

nitram38

posted on 5/4/06 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'm a bit disappointed. The original photo showed the 4 light clusters and that what I thought I had bought.
Now they are available, I am left in no-mans land

the_fbi

posted on 5/4/06 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
I'm a bit disappointed. The original photo showed the 4 light clusters and that what I thought I had bought.
Now they are available, I am left in no-mans land

You're with me though, so not all bad

Wonder if Acewell would sort this out themselves directly seeing as it is their website which misinforms. Its only a 50p PCB and a 50p bit of plastic after all.

16vmini

posted on 5/4/06 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
i was a bit gutted to find out they have just started one with a temp gauge , as i did ask them when i was doing the group buy. They said they where working on one , did not know it would be out this soon.

Matt

craig1410

posted on 5/4/06 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I'm a bit disappointed about this because I too would have taken one with a temp gauge and 8 lights and been happy to pay a bit more as well. I've not started to fit my dash as yet so it is still in the packaging and in perfect condition. What's the chances of an exchange? Not great I don't suppose...

Above is not directed at you Matt, just sod's law I guess...ho hum!
Craig.

16vmini

posted on 6/4/06 at 06:07 AM Reply With Quote
the trouble is these dashes come from japan /hong kong .. somthing like that , and i can only get them through the UK supplier , when i email acewell directly they can hardly understand what i am saying lol will see what i can do though

Matt

Jasper

posted on 14/4/06 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 16vmini
afraid i have been told by the supplier to adjust my prices to the RRP , so cant offer any deals at the moment.

thanks

Matt

You wanna tell him that's price fixing and not allowed under trading laws - RRP's are exactly what they say - 'Recommended Retail Prices'

the_fbi

posted on 14/4/06 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
quote:
Originally posted by 16vmini
afraid i have been told by the supplier to adjust my prices to the RRP , so cant offer any deals at the moment.

thanks

Matt

You wanna tell him that's price fixing and not allowed under trading laws - RRP's are exactly what they say - 'Recommended Retail Prices'

The manufacturer is allowed to tell him what his published price is, or what it has to be "at least", (which I believe is what he was referring to, the price on his website), what he can't do is tell him the price to sell at.

16vmini

posted on 14/4/06 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
you can allwys PM me
16vmini

posted on 14/4/06 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
you can allways PM me
16vmini

posted on 14/4/06 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
you can allways PM me
craig1410

posted on 14/4/06 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
I think I'm going to just get a Bright 6 module for my warning lights so if anyone wants to buy my warning light cluster to upgrade their AceWell dash then let me know and make me an offer. I'll advertise it properly on the For Sale section in the next few days. It's completely unused.

Cheers,
Craig.

nitram38

posted on 14/4/06 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
I think I'm going to just get a Bright 6 module for my warning lights so if anyone wants to buy my warning light cluster to upgrade their AceWell dash then let me know and make me an offer. I'll advertise it properly on the For Sale section in the next few days. It's completely unused.

Cheers,
Craig.

8 or 6 lights?

craig1410

posted on 14/4/06 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Assuming you are referring to my Acewell warning light cluster, it has 6 lights with the bottom two positions blanked off with blue lenses but with no bulbs fitted. Off the top of my head the lights fitted are:
Two indicator lights
Oil pressure light
Neutral light
Hazard warning light
Main beam warning light

Cheers,
Craig.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.