Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: help required from all
mistergrumpy

posted on 4/1/07 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Fozzie. No I actually think you're right there with the bullying explanation, spot on, my fault sorry.English isn't my best language.My thing is that since joining this forum, about July last year I have only ever heard from Chris once, when he wanted money (no offence there, good on him) so I've never seen him posting. I do know though that some people do regularly mail him and complain about members but nothing comes through so I think that some kind of, whats the word? discipline?? moderation?? should be present. After all there are loads of genuine people on this forum. I've never met a more friendly forum and its as much as a social thing as well as informative.

doughie

posted on 6/1/07 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
1700 views is a credit to this site and it looks like the masses have spoken, ta!

refreshed my thoughts...

Catpuss

posted on 6/1/07 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man

Quoted for truth...

You can't change others, only yourself

You have never accidentally hit someone on the hand with a mallet trying it hammer in tent pegs.

They seem to suddenly be able to speak in tongues and develop disproportionalty large red humbs

t.j.

posted on 8/1/07 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
No moderator.

But a WIKI were great.
If we all could put our knowledge in one sorted place!

Grzt Theo

steve matt

posted on 9/1/07 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
I'm only a newbie, but haven't seen many arguments on here. I'm a spark and used to use screwfix forum, but don't bother now as every post turns into a slanging match. Pretty much every sensible question asked on here gets a sensible reply, and any banter seems light hearted to me. I'm not building anything at the moment but just planning for when i'm able to. As a novice I like the idea of some sort of wiki, seeing what would work with what etc. Anyway just my opinion, no doubt start picking some brains soon, steve
wilkingj

posted on 9/1/07 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
There is a WIKI on here... its the button marked "SEARCH"

This is a very good forum, and apart from a few posts that turn sour, generally it's well above average.

Considering the ratio of Bad posts to Good posts, Self Moderation is working well.

Its a good forum with the majority being good sensible people, willing to help each other.

PS... Dont forget to Contribute to the running of the box. A fiver or more if you can, all goes to keeping one of the best forums alive and kicking from the financial point of view.

I believe any "nastyness" that we have seen recently is a Kit Car Owners version of SAD (Seasonally Affective Disorder) Where the Bad weather, poor light, and cold temperatures have made us all GRUMPY, and unable to vent our feelings /or get any release by taking out your car and having a good medicinal BLAST up the road.

Thats my 2d worth

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.