Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: best front wing stays to fit cortina uprights...?
foes

posted on 24/11/08 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
best front wing stays to fit cortina uprights...?

Who/what company supplies the best front wing stays that can fit to cortina uprights, its just i've heard of some breaking due to fatigue over time...?

thanks

austin man

posted on 24/11/08 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
make your own and use the strongest materials you can get hold of its the vibration that seems to cause tha fatigue. Therefore the stronger they are the less movement less chance of failure.
foes

posted on 24/11/08 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
bugger, i knew someone would say make your own, i feel so inadequate now can't weld, or should i say weld to a standard that i trust yet, and i need to get these fitted pretty quick.. thanks anyway, so i'm after some good, off the shelf parts..?

MikeR

posted on 24/11/08 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
some people rate MNR - i've not used them so can't comment, just passing on what i've read.
austin man

posted on 24/11/08 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
I Know Robin Hood ( Great British )sportscars supply them as do many other I think MK, and many others could also supply you.
Peteff

posted on 24/11/08 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
If you have some steel and an idea what you want them to look like I can help with the welding if you can't find any. I'm not far from town.

[Edited on 24/11/08 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Richard Quinn

posted on 24/11/08 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
Aren't most of the above for Sierra uprights. I know that Procomp and Aries do stays for 'tina uprights.
Shamrock GS

posted on 24/11/08 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
Go to Matt at Procomp. I have just had a set made and they are brilliant. Not cheap but worth the money.

Gary

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

rallyingden

posted on 25/11/08 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hi I asked about Cortina wing stays just a few weeks ago & I got directed to this thread which shows a set made without any welding and because there is no welded joints I suspect vibration will be less of an issue. Have a look.......

Link

RD

BillHoll

posted on 25/11/08 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Mine came of ebay from casarva_limited and are very well made.

[Edited on 25/11/08 by BillHoll]

contaminated

posted on 25/11/08 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Two other options:

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=1375_1605_1608&products_id=11858&osCsid=2a0uo0ommohh6aip3ab9rtssr3

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOCOST-KITCAR-WINGSTAYS-CORTINA-UPRIGHTS-PAIR_W0QQitemZ330288702614QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=ite m330288702614&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

contaminated

posted on 25/11/08 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
One of which someone just mentioned I notice!
foes

posted on 25/11/08 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
If you have some steel and an idea what you want them to look like I can help with the welding if you can't find any. I'm not far from town.

[Edited on 24/11/08 by Peteff]

Thats a very kind offer thanks pete but think i'm going to get some off the shelf bits as i'm a little tight on the time side of things as sva is looming, and i've got alot to do..!
anyhows, i'm going to aries in the morn to pick some other bits up so i'll have a look at theirs, anyone got experience of these by any chance...?

thanks

RoadkillUK

posted on 26/11/08 at 02:52 AM Reply With Quote
We got ours from Lolocost about 6 years ago, the car has been into a wall, broke the steering rack off and bent the chassis but the bracket for the wing stayed solid.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
foes

posted on 27/11/08 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
Got some from aries this morn when i picked some other bits up, steve says they got beefed up a few years ago because a few had broke, i saw some of the older ones on a car he was finishing off for someone (not fitted by himself), and they were pretty thin! we'll see how these ones go.
Thanks for the replies everyone.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.