Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I've been an idiot
chrisg

posted on 25/11/08 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
I've been an idiot

I need your opinion.

Whilst surfing ebay I came across a Ford Focus breaking for spares. I'm after some brake calipers so I sent a message via ebay.

A price was agreed and the seller wanted a postal order. I sent it and haven't received the calipers. He's ignored all subsequent emails. I have a mobile number but he rejects my calls after the first one, when he said he sent them and would get back to me with the tracking number. two weeks ago.

I've got his address, where I sent the PO.

Don't tell me how thick I've been, 'cos I know, all the signs were there. He had only one previous sale, only joined in August and wanted a postal order but I'm a trusting soul - what can I say?

What do you reckon I should do? Ebay aren't interested because there's no item number for the calipers. Part of me wants to go down there andf rip his head off.

Any advice greatfully recieved

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

RK

posted on 25/11/08 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Cricket anyone?
graememk

posted on 25/11/08 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
whats the address you sent he po to?

r1_pete

posted on 25/11/08 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Is he far away?

Ask the PO if there's anything they can do to trace the PO, to verify his address....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 25/11/08 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
In Stoke, about an hour and a halfs drive for me.

Cheers

Chris

Edit to say I checked with the post office, the PO was made out in his name and has been cashed by someone using identification from him.

[Edited on 25/11/08 by chrisg]

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

mookaloid

posted on 25/11/08 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but I reckon that there is about a 25% chance that a deal like that would be ok - 75% of the time it wouldn't

where is he located?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

nick205

posted on 25/11/08 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Go and have a look, see how big he is first - if you fancy your chances then ask him for the money back.

Probably not worth the cost of the fuel to srive there and back really though.

Alternatively you could register him for a raft of junk mail in a never ending tirade of persecution

maskell01

posted on 25/11/08 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Go mental,funny phone calls,text messages,letters in post(not stamped)!
Probably wont help but it will make u feel a hell of a lot better!

andyharding

posted on 25/11/08 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
If you have his address start small claims court online. He'll poo his pants when the court papers turn up and pay back plus costs.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

chrisg

posted on 25/11/08 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
That's interesting, have you got a link?

Cheers

Chris

graememk

get some local pikies to fill his house full of cavity wall insulation through the letter box.

wont do any good but would make a great youtube video

chrisg

quote:
Originally posted by graememk
get some local pikies to fill his house full of cavity wall insulation through the letter box.

wont do any good but would make a great youtube video

I like your thinking there lol

Jon Ison

posted on 25/11/08 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, I think you already know the score, I cant see any above board method of sorting this one.

I have just shown your post to the Mrs, she was "dupped" recently but fortunately paid via paypal and she did get reimbursed.

I know what I think I would do but whether I would carry it through I'm not sure.

Maybe you could publish a mobile number, we could send him maybe several hundred text/missed calls ?

u2u me number if it don't want to be published on here.

btw way I did contact plod re Mrs episode, she along with 3 others had been done for £200 each, blatant fraud, where they interested, nope.

eta ebay user name would be nice.

[Edited on 25/11/08 by Jon Ison]

graememk

posted on 25/11/08 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
get some business card made up with male to male services on them, his mobile loads of phone boxs public toilets etc etc etc etc

chrisg

posted on 25/11/08 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
I've sent him one last message If I don't hear back I'm going to throw him to the dogs (that's you lot BTW )

Cheers

Chris

mr henderson

posted on 25/11/08 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyharding
If you have his address start small claims court online. He'll poo his pants when the court papers turn up and pay back plus costs.

Was that meant ironically?

mad-butcher

posted on 25/11/08 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I only pay by credit card on ebay, any problems I kick it back to the credit card company, works a treat when travel companies go tits up
tony

[Edited on 25/11/08 by mad-butcher]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 25/11/08 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
you don't say what you paid for these caliperes - £ 50? £ 100?

I fully sympathise - it is very very frustrating but in the scheme of things it is hardly worth the effort.

Let's say you turn up at his door have an argument and he pushes a screwdriver through your rib cage. Or you lamp him one then you end up in court, get fined, lose job ......

Look into the small claims court but when it starts costing you time and money and more aggro, then that is when you shoud drop it.

You are not the first nd ceertainly won;t be the last to get ripped off, and I'll be compare to the amounts some folks have lost, yours is insignificant.

rusty nuts

posted on 25/11/08 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Bet he would soon get pissed off if he had a load of very early morning phone calls from total strangers but you wouldn't accidentally let his number be known would you Chris?
TOO BADD

posted on 25/11/08 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Tell him we are all gonna send him a letter smeared with a very bad venerial disease inside it

edit.... ps anyone got a dose we can borrow, urgh !

[Edited on 25/11/08 by TOO BADD]

UncleFista

posted on 25/11/08 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Small claims linky.

Costs, £25 or £30, you also claim this from him, also he'll have to travel and attend *your* local court if he decides to call your bluff

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

owelly

posted on 25/11/08 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Yell.com will give you the numbers for every takeaway in Stoke. Some say it's the delivery guys that get messed about but I'd phone every one and get a pile of food delivered. All on the same night. Then ring a few builders merchants. Then skip hire companies......
You ciould even get the builders to put the two tons of sand into the skips for him.....

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

martin1973

posted on 25/11/08 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
get off you wussey arse and go knock on the door

whats the worst hat can happen?

martin

JoelP

posted on 25/11/08 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martin1973
get off you wussey arse and go knock on the door

whats the worst hat can happen?

a 3 hour round trip to a possibly empty house?!

My sympathies chris, i'll happily give him some grief if thats the course you want

speedyxjs

posted on 25/11/08 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Yell.com will give you the numbers for every takeaway in Stoke. Some say it's the delivery guys that get messed about but I'd phone every one and get a pile of food delivered. All on the same night. Then ring a few builders merchants. Then skip hire companies......
You ciould even get the builders to put the two tons of sand into the skips for him.....

I love that idea lol

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.