Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS Twin turbo RX7/WTD Bec poss Cec
macca1

posted on 27/11/08 at 01:05 AM Reply With Quote
FS Twin turbo RX7/WTD Bec poss Cec

I am looking to sell my 1995 Mazda RX7 twin turbo Type R, comes with all the usual type R stuff, LSD, twin oil coolers, Tein suspension.
The reason for the sale is to fund the purchase of an (ideally) BEC as a track day toy but I may consider a CEC.
As it’s going to be a while till the weather is favourable I will consider something that requires finishing/repairing.
There are a couple of pics in my album for you to look at first, then if you are interested just contact me for some more details.
First question most will ask I guess is about the price, I'm looking for £4k and yes I do have a little more cash available to put towards the purchase of the right car.
Thanks for looking and please any questions just ask.
Col

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

speedyxjs

posted on 27/11/08 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
That looks very nice

[img][/img]

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Jasper

posted on 27/11/08 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
So a high-reving RX7 is so good as a track day car then !! Looks great btw....

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

swiftmarty

posted on 27/11/08 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
ive always fancied one of these.
got my first westfield this year and i am very happy with it.

if i was considerig changing the westy for a RX7 id be interested int eh extra running costs.
the westy is £200 comp for 3k miles a year to insure. (30 year old clean license etc)
how does the RX7 compare?
pinto does low 20's mpg and i understand the RX7 will be mid-high teens.
petrol consumption isnt the main point like, its a 2nd car anyway.

hows is the engine? had the tips done? or a full rebuild etc?

cheers

macca1

posted on 27/11/08 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the nice comments people, and yes it is rather nice.

I had thought about using the RX on the track, and to be honest if it doesn't sell that may well still happen.
Problem I have is really down to my MX5 which I had thrown a few quid in to, supercharger,toyo's,axxis pads bilsteins etc turning it in to a really fun road car but after taking it to a track day earlier this month at Oulton Park I've realised the massive void between a great road car and a great track car.
If the RX sells I will take the MX off the road and set it up as a track only car, if it doesn't sell I have two small problems using it on the track.
1 My daily drive, which I'm tied to for 3 yrs can only tow 1500kg
The RX comes in at alittle under 1300kg which leaves little room for a trailer!
2 I don't want to damage it!
There is one other reason that pushing me down a certain road, and some of you will relate to this and others will find it rather anal, but I really, really, really want a sequential gearbox.
I've always been a bike man and I guess its the idea of having the perfect compromise, a bike that you dont need to put your feet down for when you stop.

I have replied to the U2U's already received, thanks for the interest.
Back to the questions
Car is showing 95 klms
Engine has not been touched since import.
Still has its original tool kit and Aluminium scissor jack!!!!!!
I had an Apexi PC fitted and rolling road tuned by a chap who most within the rotary world would consider a God , Pip Gardner at WGT, to a reliable 280hp.
Pip commented that the motor was strong and there is at least another 10% to be gained if I wanted.
I fitted an Ebay quick shift which was not my best move as it has made the change quite firm and notchy but you get used to it.
Insurance is always a difficult one as there are so many things to consider, but I used AON for mine, with a Merseyside postcode, and paid £380 FC and I now use them for the MX5 which comes in at just under £250. Owners club discounts applied in both cases.
Anyway, that enough of my waffle for now, thanks for looking and if you want to know anymore please just ask.
Ta
Col

Antnicuk

posted on 27/11/08 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
So a high-reving RX7 is so good as a track day car then !! Looks great btw....

an rx7 is a superb track car, only problem is you kill the value and it costs a lot of money to get it track capable. I love rotaries and my last car was a very pretty rx7 and like you i was worried about damaging it, so i bought an M3 as a daily and fitted a rotary to my kit car best of both worlds.

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.