Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: great fettling tool
Dangle_kt

posted on 16/12/08 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
great fettling tool

I posted a few days ago asking for the name of the tool I should be using to fudge the edges on my wheels arches so all the holes line up.

I found that the dremel with a cone shaped stone attachment worked wonders!

Horrible fine dust, but very pleased I now have my rear arches properly attached - and that in doing so the rear ali panel, pulled itself close to the back inside edge of the arch - where there was a massive (1cm) gap. Looks alot better now.

Refitted my rear drums, and wheels - the 13" black pepperpots fill the arches just right!

Got my self adhesive foam out, and it worked great as padding between the header tank and ali under scuttle area. Very pleased with that.

Finally figured out a problem I was having with my rear bulkhead (behind driver) ali panel - the chassis has been predrilled, by the last owner, but I never received the panel - it would have been impossible to get the holes to line up, and after playing round with templates, nails in the holes, measuring etc I was loosing the will to live.

I decided to mark the chassis in line with the current holes, and then just drill with panel in place equidistance between the old holes - solves my problem and means its just like fitting a new panel.

Even opened up a pack of holesaws I bought, and the 85mm one matches my blade clocks very closely ready for my new dash.

All in all a really good (short) evenings work!

triumphdave

posted on 17/12/08 at 01:18 AM Reply With Quote
I love it when it all comes together like that.Some days you can spend hours not getting anywhere,then the next time fly through loads of stuffin no time at all.

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

chris_smith

posted on 17/12/08 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
dont know how you mangae it in that garage Dangle lol but well done on a productive few days, i also managed to plough through some work this week, fitted the back panel from your generous self finished the brake lines and fuel lines and even fit the passanger side ali panels, well chuffed at the minute

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

Dangle_kt

posted on 17/12/08 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
It is a bit of a squeeze! But I manage.

Well done on your progress! "I love it when a plan comes together!"

quote:
Originally posted by chris_smith
dont know how you mangae it in that garage Dangle lol but well done on a productive few days, i also managed to plough through some work this week, fitted the back panel from your generous self finished the brake lines and fuel lines and even fit the passanger side ali panels, well chuffed at the minute

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.