Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fozzies Love Letter
mistergrumpy

posted on 20/12/08 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
Fozzies Love Letter

Got this months CKC and Fozzies got a love letter well her car has:

What a fantastic build. I was so impressed by Carol Foster's Locost build (December 2008) that I must have read her story three times. Carol's build has got to be an inspiration to all who, like myself, are in the process of building a kit car. Many of us have varying ideas going round in out heads when it comes to starting a build project but Carol's Locost is something else.
I was amazed at the quality and neatness of everything from front to back. I was even more amazed at the quality of her engine bay. Well done Carol.

And rightly so. I too have read it a few times and it is an amazing build.

Fozzie

posted on 20/12/08 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
ooOOOoo---eeeerrrrrr.......
Blinkin' 'eck

I've not seen the new issue yet...

Mr Grumps...thank you too, for your very, very kind words ^^^..... I am most humbled...

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

dave1888

posted on 20/12/08 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Not seen the letter but read about the build, defo a nice build.
dubstar_04

posted on 20/12/08 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I must of read it 10 times now and longingly stared at the pages. its given me great inspiration to press on with my build but also to consider the quality of the items im fabricating and to always go the extra mile to ensure im going to be happy with as much as possible first time round.
Shadowcaster

posted on 20/12/08 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Have to say that it is a fantastic looking car, something to be very proud of. Also have to say that it serves as an inspiration for me to keep at it. Thanks Fozzie.

Cheers Rich
The Roadster Blog http://richshaynesroadster.blogspot.com/
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Confucius Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)

Fozzie

posted on 20/12/08 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dubstar_04
.................... its given me great inspiration to press on with my build but also to consider the quality of the items im fabricating and to always go the extra mile to ensure im going to be happy with as much as possible first time round.

WOW Dubstar, the words you have written ^^ are the ultimate (in my book) compliment........ I thank you most kindly

Fozzie

Fozzie

posted on 20/12/08 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Dave, Shadowcaster (et al)

Thank you

Triton

posted on 20/12/08 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Cracking car Fozzie meduck

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fozzie

posted on 20/12/08 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton

Why, thank you kind sir......Mark, did you see I took the Cobra seats out and put my Triton 'Wide-Boys' in especially?

Shame there was a typo and it was printed Titon instead of Triton.....

Triton

posted on 20/12/08 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
quote:
Originally posted by Triton

Why, thank you kind sir......Mark, did you see I took the Cobra seats out and put my Triton 'Wide-Boys' in especially?

Shame there was a typo and it was printed Titon instead of Triton.....

Yes and much appreciated cheers Fozzie. But it's the car not the seats that deserve all the praise as really is a cracking job.

Cheers,
Mark

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chippy

posted on 20/12/08 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Fozzie, now after all that ego stroking, how about using the damb thing, and turning up at some meetings. You can't work all the time you know, and it won't shrink if it get's wet, (Ti's a nice motor though). Cheers Ray

[Edited on 20-12-08 by Chippy]

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Fozzie

posted on 20/12/08 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chippy
Hi Fozzie, now after all that ego stroking, how about using the damb thing, and turning up at some meetings. You can't work all the time you know, and it won't shrink if it get's wet, (Ti's a nice motor though). Cheers Ray

[Edited on 20-12-08 by Chippy]

Awww Bless thanks Ray

Did you not hear that we lost our business back at the end of July, when fire spread from one unit to ours... and have spent every waking moment trying to get sorted?

New workshop sorting out insurers and loss adjusters which is still not sorted by the way....

Plus we have both been fairly poorly, and DLT had been suffering badly this year culminating in jaundice, which meant his gall bladder being removed on Monday, (full of stones) and is still needing loads of attention...

So anytime we have had since then, which has been precious little has been spent resting...... doing inventories and the like
The car has been used a fair bit this year, just not to WLM crack of dawn (for us) meetings.......

Hopefully 2009 will be a far better year.....

Thanks again Ray...

ATB Fozzie

Chippy

posted on 20/12/08 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Fozzie, did hear of your unit being fire damaged, but thought all that had been long resolved. Sorry to hear of you both being under the weather though, been there, done that, and still got the scars to prove it, . Hope that things will be better in the new year for you both, health wise. Re-WLM meetings, if I can hack it up from Chi then sure you can bumble over there, so expect to see more of you in the new year. Regards Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Fozzie

posted on 21/12/08 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
Nope.....not at all resolved.....and it was a bit more than fire-damage.....the whole 'works' was condemned and is being demolished after Crimbo.

Our new unit is very nice, but 'bare-bones' so it has had to be fully kitted out by us until the insurers can get their act together.....and pay us some money...

As we had no electric until we moved to the new unit mid October, and the sparkies didn't do their bit until the end of November, there were a lot of tools/equipment, especially the 3 phase stuff that hadn't been tested.....so more stuff to claim now...sadly ... sadly it is the 'hens-teeth' spares that has been most distressing....

Never mind.....here's looking to health and happiness for 2009....and getting to a few more meetings

ATB Fozzie

Simon

posted on 21/12/08 at 02:31 AM Reply With Quote
Fozzie,

Bit off topic for thread but I know exactly how you feel about the business - we had same thing in Nov 07. Insurers paid but still needed to get a lot sorted before they got their act together.

Still remember the call from the old man at about 7am that Sunday. I actually had him repeat what he said three times. Was there in about 5 minutes.

One thing though, it has turned into a real blessing in disguise, but I still don't want to go though it again!

Oh yeah, I'm sure you car is very nice

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.