Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx6r carbs/ xflow
jedi

posted on 21/12/08 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
zx6r carbs/ xflow

hi all, ive just swapped my 40 dcoe,s for a set of zx6r carbs (99), ive drilled the main jets to 1.5mm and raised the needle one clip off center, the air filter is a pipercross sausage filter modified to fit on the airbox backplate, now the car drives ok tootling about, infact loads better than my old webers, but its down on power top end, can anybody suggest any settings/procedures i can have a mess with until i get it on the rollers in the new year, my xflow was 134 bhp at the wheels with the webers which had 36mm chokes/135 main jets etc the last time it was set up if that helps, also i have a set of r1 carbs in bits if any parts are worth swapping over, and ive also been advised to take a dynojet kit with me when i have it set up properly, what are peoples thoughts on this, cheers tony
RichardK

posted on 21/12/08 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a few spare 1.55mm drill bits if you decide you need go up half a size.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
will121

posted on 21/12/08 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
i started with 165 jets on my tuned 1600 CVH with zx6 carbs, I brought a set of four at £4 each.
with these it started first time, ticked over and revved freely!
As part of the upgrade, I had also fitted a lambda sensor into the exhaust manifold and brought a magic box to monitor and indicate the fuel/air mixture, which indicated it was running too rich. (so did the 15mpg I initially got!).

xz6r carbs ar 38mm, so wouldnt see any advantage going to R1 carbs also Dyno jet kits are generally produced to iron out the mixture in the bike the carbs were fitted to so cant see a great need in a car situation,
my zx6r carbs are fitter to a 1600cvh with the aid of the fuel/air monitor continued to tweak the fuelling, its now running with an air box, 150 main jets (for full throttle fuelling), needle jets position 2 of 5 (mid range) and air screws two turns out (tick over fuelling) which seems to suit my engine

jacko

posted on 21/12/08 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi i have zx9r carbs on a pinto and when Bogg Brothers set them up they block a hole that's in line with the main needle that what they do to stop the fuel / air mix from going week at high revs
I don't know if they do this to all makes / sizes of carbs
If your fuel is getting to week it may do damage to your engine IE pistons
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
whitestu

posted on 22/12/08 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
I've got ZX6Rs on a 2.0 Zetec. I have 1.6MM mains and they work great with not probs at the top end.

Stu

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.