Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cams for Christmas! (Calling the fonts of all knowledge)
Numb nuts

posted on 27/12/08 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Cams for Christmas! (Calling the fonts of all knowledge)

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and Santa delivered the right goodies!

My kids told Santa I needed a pair of 2.0l Zetec cams for my 1.8 Velocity, which he duly delivered on the day (been a good boy this year).

The car I bought as a built vehicle for refurbishment/rebuild, so I don't know its build history, and am finding out a lot about it the hard way through a very steep learning curve!

Anyway, I have been in the garage this morning to strip the 1.8 for the cam transplant and find it may already have the 2.0l cams fitted

The cams Santa brought have L913B stamped into the shaft casting...so do the cams in my Velocity.

Is this an identifying mark, how can I distinguish which are which?;

will121

posted on 27/12/08 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
just found what appears to be a good guide on ID of 130bhp cams
130bhp cam ID guide

Do you know what your engine is producing at moment? what ECU are you running as in standard ford ECU also need to get the 130bhp version to get the most out of it or possibly a remap

stevebubs

posted on 27/12/08 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
http://ford-force.forumotion.com/tech-guides-f9/zetec-camsh aft-identification-t49.htm
Numb nuts

posted on 27/12/08 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
The car has an OMEX 500 system.

I dont know what power its producing as it came with a number of problems with its induction system. Once I have sorted that out...probably by going down the motorcycle throttle bodies route, I will get it dyno'd.

Numb nuts

posted on 27/12/08 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Really confused now...they are not as per any of the diagrammes on the links, but they are identical to the ones my 1.8 is running on at the moment.
stuart_g

posted on 27/12/08 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
The 1.8 is available as 130bhp from standard so you may already have this engine or the previous owner fitted them therefore the cams may be the same as the ones santa brought you.

I think the only way you will be able to tell them apart is to measure the lobes and compare the two.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.