Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Last try for 1.8 Sierra CVH Chopped sump
AdrianH

posted on 28/12/08 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Last try for 1.8 Sierra CVH Chopped sump

I will give this a final try before I figure what to do with my previous colander attempt!

If anyone has a 1 inch chopped sump that does not leak now surplus please let me know.

It has been a while since I had my attempt and have got to move forward, so will be taking the engine and box out of my chassis soon to put a floor in. So this will be a good time to either patch or start again with fresh metal.

Cheers

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

big_wasa

posted on 28/12/08 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
ive got an un-choped one I was saving it but make me an offer
AdrianH

posted on 28/12/08 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
I really don't have a clue what to offer! Or what postage would cost from Spalding to Blackburn. Let me think on it for a while.

Adrian

wrigglypig

posted on 28/12/08 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Adrian, Chopped mine ut not as per the book I just took 1" of the bottom it only makes a difference of 500ml capacity and as there is 1Litre between top and bottom mark on the dipstickI will just keep it full!The 1" off makes it level with the bottom of the type 9 gear box. I will do it for you for free if you can get it to me in York I have the plate and will just mig weld it then test it afterwards with petrol or thinners. you may be able to see mine after I did it on my photos. Kev

AdrianH

posted on 28/12/08 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
I did mine by chopping off the bottom end and also added an extra section to the rear. Unfortunately I had that much of an issue with the rust on the old sump I ended up chasing holes all over the place.

I have a few options get another sump and start from scratch. As far as I can tell these are all going to be at least 15 years old as I have not seen any new ones that fit on the bay.

Get a two part Zetec sump aluminium and steel, cut and modify that to fit the CVH and type 9 gearbox.

See if anyone has a modified sump, hens teeth comes to mind.

Have another go with mine, which I may well do with a smaller welder, cut away what I have done and go further up the wall of the sump with new metal.

This next week will force me one way or another.

Thanks for the offer of welding up the sump, worX offered me the same some time ago, just have put off, and put off again the decision on what to do fo so long it is holding back the project now.

Adrian

wrigglypig

posted on 28/12/08 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
No sweat good luck

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.