Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Busa Cat
iiyama

posted on 12/1/09 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
Busa Cat

Guys what should I be looking for in a Catalyst for a Busa? Anything in particular or dosent it matter?

If I fit one, will I need a Lambda? If so what reads this? I have a standard ECU.

Thanks!

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

Jason Fletcher

posted on 12/1/09 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Why do you want a cat? for SVA? If so then you won't be needing a lambda unless you want a wideband sensor which can help no end along with your power commander with setting up the fueling.
jason

iiyama

posted on 14/1/09 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Yes indeedy, SVA looms, less then three weeks to go!

Been getting more and more concerened about the emission side of things but might have sourced a system now that has a CAT in. Little bit of welding and fettling and it should get me through SVA.

SO taking things to their logical conclusion then, can you fit a lambda to s system without a CAT and use it for tuning the fueling??

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

lococost

posted on 14/1/09 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Yes you can, you will still need a cat for SVA, but you can take the cat out afterwards, and still use a closed loop lambda system afterwards. This has the advantage that you'll never need to do a rolling road setup. Just fill in what kind of air to fuel to ratio you like and the system regulates everything on the fly. Change your airfilter or exhaust and the system automatically makes sure your air to fuel ratio will remain at its optimum.

I've got one of these for example: http://www.afrtuner.com/

iiyama

posted on 14/1/09 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Happy days!
If I do go that route though Ill probably ditch the OEM ECU and fit a motec....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.