posted on 21/1/09 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Overtaking will be a bit of a bitch
Mr Whippy

posted on 21/1/09 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabs
Overtaking will be a bit of a bitch

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 21/1/09 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

iank

posted on 21/1/09 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/gallery/2009/jan/16/unsold-cars?picture=341883529

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

blakep82

posted on 21/1/09 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
ah, i thought thats what it might have been. the post was a little lacking in info though

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

iank

posted on 21/1/09 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
ah, i thought thats what it might have been. the post was a little lacking in info though

Yeah, I had to look at the photo location and then work from the front page of the grauniad.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/1/09 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
I’ll take one for 50p or 2 for 80p

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
davie h

posted on 21/1/09 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

you can just wait and buy one brand new in two years time for full price

Davie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24179682@N04/?saved=1

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/1/09 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davie h
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

you can just wait and buy one brand new in two years time for full price

Davie

hey I'm Scottish we want a bargain and never pay full price (I must assume you are English and have moved up to Glasgow...)

Anyway, look on the bright side

At least no one is going to get a speeding ticket or die in a car crash, or get run over from one of those cars or trap there finger in a door. Maybe they should scrap them now just to be safe? or just give them all to me for safe keeping

[Edited on 21/1/09 by Mr Whippy]

Guinness

posted on 21/1/09 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
"Nissan deny reports that their new one make race series is oversubscribed" ??

On a side note, once they go bust and all those cars have rusted away, that might be a canny little track for us to play on.

Wonder if they'd be interested in a little supplemental income from trackdays at the moment?

Mike

[Edited on 21/1/09 by Guinness]

gingerprince

posted on 21/1/09 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
I think it's bl00dy disgusting that they run a track day so oversubscribed. Aren't there limits on their liability insurance?!?!?!

Benzine

posted on 21/1/09 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBzWSzmgIlQ

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

stevec

posted on 21/1/09 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Search for Upper Heyford on google earth and see the cars stored there!!!

Steve,

[Edited on 21/1/09 by stevec]

balidey

posted on 21/1/09 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Why the HELL are some of us studying bangernomics when we could quite happily be given one of those cars?

Knowing my luck, I'd be given the keys to one and it'd take me a month to find it. Then another month to find the keys to the 5 cars blocking mine in

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/1/09 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevec

Steve,

[img][/img]

02GF74

posted on 21/1/09 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
fuelling the doom and gloom;a self fulfilling prophecy.

I though the first photo was the Vauxhal previa owners club meeting.

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/1/09 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
fuelling the doom and gloom;a self fulfilling prophecy.

the news is all about tv ratings and paper sales

anyway changing to a more interesting topic look what I found!

how cool is that? its road going

where the hell is the fuel tank though?!?!

[Edited on 21/1/09 by Mr Whippy]

Shadowcaster

posted on 21/1/09 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
It's car dominoes for the new Guiness ad

Cheers Rich
The Roadster Blog http://richshaynesroadster.blogspot.com/
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Confucius Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)

matt_claydon

posted on 21/1/09 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Yeah, and that photo was taken years ago while we were in an economic boom. There is nothing new about airfields full of cars and it has nothing to do with the recession, credit crunch, economic downturn or whatever else the media are calling it this week.

Mr Whippy

posted on 21/1/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_claydon
quote:

Yeah, and that photo was taken years ago while we were in an economic boom. There is nothing new about airfields full of cars and it has nothing to do with the recession, credit crunch, economic downturn or whatever else the media are calling it this week.

quite right, I mind hearing stories about years ago cars being stored that had rusted so much they needed taken back to the factory and rebuilt again. Often what you may buy thinking is a new car could in infact have spent months/years sitting in a field somewhere

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/1/09 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Wondered what you lads would do with this post
The fact is until OUR banks start giving out the dosh the situation aint going to get any better.
See the rest of the pictures for just how many of the new ones are standing out in the airfields

BenB

posted on 21/1/09 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
The answer to the banking problem is simple. Rather than giving loads of money to already rich banks to pay off their stupid loans just give the money to a nationalised bank- then taxpayers money would stay within the government system rather than disapperaring into shareholders accounts for ever!! Get them to start lending. Suddenly that bank would start getting buisness, giving out loans etc etc, all the other banks would drop their rates to match, back to buisness as usual.

This bizarre option of giving money to banks who are steadfastly refusing to lend money or pass on interest cuts to the customer clearly hasn't worked. If one bank passed on the cuts or started lending the rest would have to follow suit (or go bust). They wouldn't let this happen therefore they'd free up the economy. Paying banks to try and persuade them to hand out money hasn't worked and won't work (same as interest rate cuts).

Seeing as the government virtually owns quite a few big banks now you would think they would have more power over them to force change than by effectively throwing them a bung.....

Agriv8

posted on 21/1/09 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
The answer to the banking problem is simple. Rather than giving loads of money to already rich banks to pay off their stupid loans just give the money to a nationalised bank- then taxpayers money would stay within the government system rather than disapperaring into shareholders accounts for ever!! Get them to start lending. Suddenly that bank would start getting buisness, giving out loans etc etc, all the other banks would drop their rates to match, back to buisness as usual.

This bizarre option of giving money to banks who are steadfastly refusing to lend money or pass on interest cuts to the customer clearly hasn't worked. If one bank passed on the cuts or started lending the rest would have to follow suit (or go bust). They wouldn't let this happen therefore they'd free up the economy. Paying banks to try and persuade them to hand out money hasn't worked and won't work (same as interest rate cuts).

Seeing as the government virtually owns quite a few big banks now you would think they would have more power over them to force change than by effectively throwing them a bung.....

Hoew about the 'nationalised bank' counters at the post offices, so that general public can borrow at sensible rates.

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

woodster

posted on 21/1/09 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
why don't they give them away with cornflakes ......... how long will it be before people can't afford cornflakes
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.