Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BT homehub?
matt.c

posted on 24/1/09 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
BT homehub?

I have started using a bt homehub with wireless. It will be fine for a little while then it will keep dropping out? Thought it was my dell pc which was the problem but i now have a laptop which does the same while using the homehub.

Anyone got any ideas? Or is it just a piece of crud and need to get a better one?

nitram38

posted on 24/1/09 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Talk to BT, I've found their service pretty good. Depends on how old your hub is, but I got a new one without charge when mine started acting up.
I think a new one is £88 after the first year warranty.

asl

posted on 24/1/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
I have the same problem. It goes from excellent signal to poor (1MBS) then cuts out and goes back to excellent randomly. If I am doing something important I actually have to go and sit next to the hub! If I check available networks at times my neighbours wireless is better signal quality than my own.
Russell

posted on 24/1/09 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Probably the hub. Some BT Homehubs have known wireless issues, although it's usually a problem with the initial connection (things like the hub won't allocate a DHCP IP address). Try a direct cable connection and I bet it works fine!

I'm a bilingual illiterate. I can't read in two languages.

matt.c

posted on 24/1/09 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
Talk to BT, I've found their service pretty good. Depends on how old your hub is, but I got a new one without charge when mine started acting up.
I think a new one is £88 after the first year warranty.

Its one of there new ones. What are they likly to say if i ring them?

omega0684

posted on 24/1/09 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
i have the new black homehub, (the one with blue neon lights) i had a similar problem and ended up ringing bt, was on the phone for 45 minutes and it was all sorted and now i never loose connection to the net! the service was really good, walked me threw it step by step. you need to make sure that you have the ethernet cable and your laptop with you, they set up a manual connection first and then the wireless one after.

[Edited on 24/1/09 by omega0684]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 25/1/09 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
My earlier one kept doing that i changed the channel and its been fine since. Normally something about interfering with it.

Go into the router settings and try it.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

mcerd1

posted on 25/1/09 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
My earlier one kept doing that i changed the channel and its been fine since. Normally something about interfering with it.

Go into the router settings and try it.

mine was acting up a bit too (1 week old)
on auto it was using channel 6, I changed it seems to have sorted it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.