Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 2009 season race costs
ernie

posted on 30/1/09 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
2009 season race costs

I am putting together my projected costs for the coming race locost season. if there is enough interest I will put up some posts with details, and actual costs as I progress thru the year
stevebubs

posted on 30/1/09 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
definitely!
P ?

posted on 30/1/09 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
what sort of costs you budgeting for ?
ernie

posted on 30/1/09 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
race entry + contribution to marshals fund, diesel to and from for transit, fuel for races, basic food & drinks and kipping in van for overnites plus unforseen as we go
lsdweb

posted on 30/1/09 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Ernie - great idea!

Maybe those of us in different disciplines should do the same?

I'd just be wary of my wife coming on here and finding out though!

Regards

Wyn

spdpug98

posted on 30/1/09 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
I think you are very brave, when I used to race I didn't want to know what I was spending

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

Rob Bartley

posted on 30/1/09 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Good idea ernie. It would be a very interesting to see how things pan out over the year coz it all adds up, i bet, it's quite a scary amount

Good luck though for the season.

Rob

I WILL get out again!!

I have a little bit......need more......

ernie

posted on 30/1/09 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
this will be my 5th season, and before, costs were not a big consideration. but as things are getting a bit tight work wise I have to make sure there is enough profit at the end of each month to substain it. Over the weekend I will give some more details and breakdown
simes43

posted on 30/1/09 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Good idea Ernie, perhaps showing people what the true costs are will save some potential drivers investing a lot of money then finding out they cannot afford to actually race.

Sometimes you cannot ignore the facts.

I just bought a carbon Tillett, budget b"@@£@d already

So

[Edited on 30/1/09 by simes43]

ernie

posted on 31/1/09 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Is there an easy way of posting a spread sheet on here?
procomp

posted on 31/1/09 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
HI

Thats a good idea Ernie. The figure i use as one to give newcomers an idea is 4.5k - 5k Thats covering everything inc 1 or 2 unforeseen repairs. But no B&B but a tent / van accommodation.

Now has Fozzie been contacted so only those with the secret password can view this thread. I can see the divorce courts with a few race drivers going through them after this.

Cheers Matt

Simon wish i had known you where after a Tillet carbon seat. I have just removed one from the BIO car and replaced it with a moulded foam job. It's sat there doing nowt.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
simes43

posted on 31/1/09 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Could the sheet not be added to the novice pack?

Matt - Tillett's are like rocking horse poo or £10 off list.I w aited for one to come up and bit the bullet yesterday.

Someone will have it.

alistairolsen

posted on 31/1/09 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Id love to have a look at the sheet of costs, even if someone wanted to mail it out or w/e
ernie

posted on 1/2/09 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
first, this the very basic costs of getting to the circuit, race and come home to south London. At all venues (except Brands) it includes overnight or some, 2 nights in the van. I am anticipating competing in all rounds except Anglesey. The starting point is that the car is ready to go after the winter layoff. club membership £25 (cos I'm a wrinkley) £40 for youngsters. champ fee £75. entry to races £1755, diesel for van @25mpg £352, petrol for practice & race £177. allow £25 per day for food & drink I take lots of jammy dodgers, fruit and stove for egg & bacon. butties. put aside (overdraft) £500 for problems and possible test days as we go.
alistairolsen

posted on 1/2/09 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
theres no tyres in there?
ernie

posted on 1/2/09 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Existing tyres are ok and will last the season, I also have a set of full treaded for wet. It is anticipated that we will be using another tyre from 2010
ernie

posted on 26/2/09 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Update

just had a nice pre season trackday at Brand's. Shared a garage with a nice bloke from Brighton ( is'nt it amazing, all day together and we did'nt exchange names). Very large truck next door with 3 Porches on board but still came to borrow Mole gripps! Gearbox still sounds like a bucketful of loose nuts & bolts, but car went well. Cost so far; £100 champ reg & club membership, £160 track day plus fuel £25 rolling total;- £285.00
ernie

posted on 19/3/09 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
First meeting of the season, Snetterton. Will not bore you with detail except to say thanks to TMC & Richard with welding & genny after lower wishbone parted company with chassis during practice. Costs; Wife attended so £50 for bed but no brekkies. race fuel £24, diesel £31, entry fee £235, o/s £20. running totaol now £645.00
ernie

posted on 28/4/09 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
did not attend Mallory, so a few bits for maintanance, oils, plugs, brake fluid. new footpump & torque wrench £64. entry for brands £205, race fuel £14, van fuel £5, o & s, £20 (ice cream for grandkids) running total £933. Brands did not go according to plan! so some repairs before my next meeting in June at at same track
steveiow

posted on 30/4/09 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Great read - very interested in how these costs are adding up. I just bought car #74 from last season and hope to compete next year.
ernie

posted on 18/5/09 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Some repair costs after a little contact at brands and ending in the shingle. rear wheel arch £35, rear brake shoes due to gravel getting into drums £15, running total £983.
ernie

posted on 12/6/09 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Have been checking knocking in steering linkage and found chipped? cog in rack. So new rack!! At £116 inc postage, why is it so much dearer than standard rack at £40? running total now £1099. roll on Brand's
ernie

posted on 22/6/09 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Well as Andy said a good days racing at Brands, entry fee 305, race fuel, 23, diesel 5, succumbed to bacon sarnies in canteen etc 7.. running total now £1439

[Edited on 22/6/09 by ernie]

[Edited on 22/6/09 by ernie]

ernie

posted on 17/7/09 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Wewll a great weekend at Cadwell, weather and, all good close racing. Abit too close sometimes. Yet another bash up the rear due to a Torry Caynon sized oil slick running thru Halls bends to Charlies.
Costs;test afternoon and entry 345, race fuel 60, diesil 75, oil change on sunday 12, o & s 30. this does not include cost of caravan rental etc.in Mablethorpe from thurs to mon morn as the kids paid for it Running total £1961. Not out till Oulton now, some work to do on car which I will detail later

ernie

posted on 28/8/09 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just a quicki before Oulton. On my third gearbox since starting out in 2005, all from e-bay at around £30. Had a box rebuilt properly from all the remnants. £90. Also clutch was still original from same period. So new clutch assembly £80. first time at Oulton so test afternoon £155. Will add to running total after race meeting. See you all there!!!!
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.