Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bike carb setup
jedi

posted on 1/2/09 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
bike carb setup

ive got my bike carbs setup quite well now with a nice plug colour etc, but when you blip the throttle the revs dont quite settle as quick as i would like, would it be a case of just putting stronger springs in the slides, or some other type of carb modification. zx6r carbs by the way cheers tony
ReMan

posted on 1/2/09 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
You probably need an extra return spring on the throtte mechanism , due to the extra weight and resistance of the pedal set up over the bike twistgrip.
How this is achieved depends on the carbs but can either be a straight spring to assist the existing return, or another small cable on the return cable side with it's own spring.
I cant post a pic ath the moment but I hope you get what I mean
Dont touch the slide springs though.

Andy B

posted on 1/2/09 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
carb set up

Another thing to check is the carb balance or synchronisation. If one or more of the bank is out this will cause the revs to drop much slower as the throttles do not all close in unison. It normally gives the run down a very lazy feel instead of the sharp snap you are looking for. It also affects throttle response quite alot so worth a check
regards
Andy

jedi

posted on 1/2/09 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for the replys ive balanced all the carbs and everything seems to be spot ill try adding an extra spring next and see how i get on

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.