Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: weighed in at 295Kg!!!
joolsmi16

posted on 7/2/09 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
weighed in at 295Kg!!!

Ok I have one wheel missing but happy with 295 with only 10kg of front calipers, paint, fluids and a few other bits to be added.

Jools

prawnabie

posted on 7/2/09 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
That is one beast of a machine!
wrigglypig

posted on 7/2/09 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
Wot the hell is is it looks like its flying when its standing still... Excellent

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 8/2/09 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
was that pic taken in Milford?

Not far to the chip shop.

[Edited on 8/2/09 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

joolsmi16

posted on 8/2/09 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
trike

Pic taken in Milford, only started work on it last week after a hetic xmas.

Objective of build was to create a vehicle with no GRP....

jools

Ninehigh

posted on 8/2/09 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
Funky

Good job there's only one seat having two people could double the weight!

zilspeed

posted on 8/2/09 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Dons flame suit.

Aren't your feet a bit close to the accident ?

Sorry for the negativity, but all I'm pointing out is that you have the relationship between the driver and the front of the vehicle set out in a manner that was banned in single seater formulae years ago.

I know that formula this is maybe an irrelevant comparison, but hopefully you'll understand the similarity.

Again, tenuous comparison, but here's one of the current F1 rules regarding the feet / front wheels relationship.

13.4.2 When he is seated normally, the soles of the driver's feet, resting on the pedals in the inoperative position, must not be situated forward of the front wheel centre line.

From my own point of view, I know a bloke who used to drive a Vision Clubmans car. He went into some trees hard with the front end first. Walked with sticks for a long time and was never really the same driver again although still quicker than mere mortals.

Sorry for labouring the point, but I'm currently suffering a worsening disability in my own feet which may or may not get better and it really does affect you. Have a think, that's all.

JoelP

posted on 8/2/09 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Funky

Good job there's only one seat having two people could double the weight!

looks like a three seater to me!

Antnicuk

posted on 8/2/09 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
have you got any other pictures, i cant quite figure out whats going on in that piccy

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

coozer

posted on 8/2/09 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
WOW, wouldn't fancy a back seat ride tho!

What power unit you using there???

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

omega0684

posted on 8/2/09 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
what the FRICK happened to your car?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 8/2/09 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent stuff Jools - will be interesting to see how it puts the power down, particularly when just one up.
Either way should be a rocketship!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 8/2/09 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
Dons flame suit.

Aren't your feet a bit close to the accident ?

Sorry for the negativity, but all I'm pointing out is that you have the relationship between the driver and the front of the vehicle set out in a manner that was banned in single seater formulae years ago.

I know that formula this is maybe an irrelevant comparison, but hopefully you'll understand the similarity.

Again, tenuous comparison, but here's one of the current F1 rules regarding the feet / front wheels relationship.

13.4.2 When he is seated normally, the soles of the driver's feet, resting on the pedals in the inoperative position, must not be situated forward of the front wheel centre line.

From my own point of view, I know a bloke who used to drive a Vision Clubmans car. He went into some trees hard with the front end first. Walked with sticks for a long time and was never really the same driver again although still quicker than mere mortals.

Sorry for labouring the point, but I'm currently suffering a worsening disability in my own feet which may or may not get better and it really does affect you. Have a think, that's all.

Good point Zil.

Just thinking out the box.......what if you took two superbikes and had them side by side instead of just the one

now thats super power.

As a long time sevener and witness to four crashes. In these cars its always the front chassis that gets bent after the front wheels get pushed back. Collapsing the wishbones. Hence the ban that came in force in the single seaters design.

tread lightly and carry a sharp stick

cloudy

posted on 8/2/09 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Love the look of it, and it looks well built - alot of fun to be had there !

However as above, if you ever crash it your legs are down a certain creek without a paddle (just don't crash it )

James

www.warnercars.com

Surrey Dave

posted on 8/2/09 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Groovy!

I keep pondering over something like this, have you used the bike frame ?

Got any other pics or webpage?

As others have said , it makes my legs ache when I see how near to the front the pedals are, you could make like a glider and put the passenger in the front for extra padding.........

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.