Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1300 GT cam timing
Multispeed

posted on 9/2/04 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
1300 GT cam timing

Can anybody tell me what the inlet full lift position is in relation to TDC for a 1300GT camshaft or Kent p103/104.

Thanks
Dave

dalefaulkner

posted on 23/2/04 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
lift

I phoned kent for the very same reason last week as their book seams to list everything but.

they told me 10 thou inlet and 22 thou outlet which seams a lot but the guy was sure.kent 01303 248666.

I hope that he was right because the engine is being dropped back in this saturday. He did know what a locost was though so Im confident.

Hope this is of help and that I see you at the track, hopefully Mallory if I work my ass off this weekend.

racer56

posted on 24/2/04 at 12:36 AM Reply With Quote
10 thou in and 22 thou out sounds like tappet clearances to me - they are standard book.
Standard cam timing is (i believe) 109 degrees after TDC. Note that If you are fitting new chain and tensioner, it is worth checking the cam timing as even a short chain like these can stretch and the tensioner may not take it all up. This means that your cam timing will "drift" to a more retarded timing. Easy to check - take the rocker cover off and use dial test indicator on pushrod.
By the way, if this is for a race car, the original GT cam is no longer legal - you need a Kent 103/4 stamped by the manufacturer

Multispeed

posted on 24/2/04 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Cam timing

Guys.
Thanks for the responses.
Regarding the 109 degrees I have also heard this quoted as the lca (lobe centre angle) which I understand is the number of degrees between the full lift positions of the inlet and exhaust lobes. I think it may also be the full lift positon of the inlet but I am not sure

This is for a race car and I have got a marked up cam. The reason why I mentioned the FOMOCO 1300GT is that when I asked for a cam data sheet from Kent they weren't particularly helpful, on this occassion referring me back to Ford for the maufacturers data sheet as the P103/104 is a blueprint GT1300.
Kent must have had the info as they wouldn't have been able to cut the profile.

Once again thanks for the info.
Dave

racer56

posted on 24/2/04 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, I had a similar experience with Kent about 18 months ago! Anyway, 109 degrees is the angle I measured when set up on standard cam timing (ie. no offset on the cam sprocket dowel) with new chain. So I'm pretty sure 109 is the number you are looking for.
Good luck - see you on the grid!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.