Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cable ties
Kitlooney1000

posted on 10/2/04 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Cable ties

can anyone tell me if cable ties are ok for securing the wiring loom, or would i be better of (in regards to the SVA:mad putting in p clips or the likes
bob

posted on 10/2/04 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Cable ties should be ok,all the cars i've seen go through SVA have used them.

I got cable tie holders from a company called bluebeehive,they are realy handy and can be either riveted/self tapped or even glued.

http://www.bluebeehive.com

Site isnt that clever so 01437 890708 for a catalogue,they also sell termials/fuses/wire/heatshrink tubing and just about all you need for wiring incuding cable ties and tie holders.

Oh nearly forgot,blinding prices too

zetec

posted on 10/2/04 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I have heard of SVA fails because a bunch of wires was secured around a bottom chassis tube with a cable tie. I think it was said that the cable tie could be worn away and fail in time. Much better to follow Bob advice and use chassis mounted saddles. My advice would be to run all your cables in then slip some split flexable convoluted tubing over the cable bunches then secure it, tubing is cheap and easy to use and makes a neat job.
elitewiring

posted on 10/2/04 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
cable ties should be perfectly ok if they aren't in any area where they could be damaged (i.e a lower chassis tube) and therefore release the cables.
the neatest and cheapest method i've seen is to use the rivet on saddles (black) which 'vehicle wiring products' sell. p-clips are ok but expensive.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.