Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: multi plugs
blakep82

posted on 13/3/09 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
multi plugs

i need some multi plugs, the idea is that the whole dashboard can just unplug from the rest of the car easily

12 way doesn't seem enough, 24 seems too much, so i think what i'm looking for is 2 x 12way plugs, which allows for expansion later

where can i get them from?
will these be any good?

(i know thats 20 way)

[Edited on 13/3/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

dhutch

posted on 13/3/09 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
Depends exactly what you have to connect i guess.
- Headlight feed etc will draw more than that connect can take i would say, but that would do for the bulk of it.

Ive used anderson powerpoles for a fair bit of stuff (although not on a car) and i think they do some multi pin connectors with a range of current in them (ie a lot of small pins, with a few larger ones for power)

Daniel

Scoobythedog

posted on 13/3/09 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
This guy is good

Used this guy in the past for looms and connectors, he always seems happy to talk on the phone about what you need.

I had to move the rear light on my current car (for SVA) and found the wires wern't long enough, I used a maplin connector, and they are very fragil, probably not great if your taking the dashboard out alot

Scooby

blakep82

posted on 13/3/09 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
thanks guys

Daniel, not going to put headlights thorugh it, just the headlight switches, and the relays will be on the chassis.

only needing to put switches, warning lights and gauges through them really

cheers scooby, didn't know premier witring did multi plugs, 15 way too! 2 of those will keep me sorted. or a 15 and a 12 way so i don't plug the wrong ones together

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

James

posted on 13/3/09 at 01:55 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, you never know when you'll need a quick 'dash change' at a pitstop!

Used blade connectors for my dash clocks and switches. Pretty sure they're fast enough if I ever need to removed the dash!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 13/3/09 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

owelly

posted on 13/3/09 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product_list/7

These guys are also very good.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
vindicator

posted on 13/3/09 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
as scoobythedog says I used the 15 pins connectors in the picture for my dashboard and have lost count of the number of times I have removed the dashboard and it is just a press and pull and the connector comes apart.

HTH

TimR

timr.spaces.live.com---build blog

02GF74

posted on 13/3/09 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
I used 20 way PC plug from maplins.

Has enough pins to do my dash instruments with a few spare.

I double up the earth as I cannot remember the current rating - I am sure it is enough though.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.